Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Crawled under the deck at the spot I've been metal detecting in last two posts and went pin pointer fishing for little fun metal things and came up with a few more goodies, please enjoy this segment. Tomorrow the ground might be soft enough to try a new spot in a different town where I found a nice, paneled medicine bottle on the surface last fall right before the ground froze for three months. Take care all have fun digging.

Attachments

• underdeck.JPG
    underdeck.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 196
  • day3stuff.JPG
    day3stuff.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 109
Upvote 13

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So there were a few goodies, I like all the toys and that copper bracelet should come back to looking new if you throw it in with your pennies, if you tumble your coins.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So there were a few goodies, I like all the toys and that copper bracelet should come back to looking new if you throw it in with your pennies, if you tumble your coins.
Use a little citric acid on that bracelet, then buff it up with some cerium oxide on a damp cotton or flannel rag. Even better a jewelers polishing cloth. It'll come out prettier than new. Looks like you got some fun goodies to hone your restoration techniques on.

Hint_ get one of those four tine short handle weeding takes to break up soil & pull goodies out of corners. You know the stuff just past your finger tips.

Last edited:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds using just your pinpointer! :thumbsup:
I'm actually surprised that most of your coins look to be modern, I would've expected a couple of silvers or even a few Wheaties to be found.

Best of luck at your new site today,
Dave

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Never have tumbled but I think old dogs can learn new tricks so I'm going to start shopping around (thinking I may be able to redneck engineer one out of a shaded pole humidifier motor and an old coffee perculator but will prolly buy one..lol). Relic restoration is a fun hobby in-and-of itself I'm discovering! Not to mention all the insights gained on history you learn about the items you research. Thanks for tip boat.

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds using just your pinpointer! :thumbsup:
I'm actually surprised that most of your coins look to be modern, I would've expected a couple of silvers or even a few Wheaties to be found.

Best of luck at your new site today,
Dave
Think someone got under there with a detector at one point, previous dig holes :( but thanks for words of encouragement and at least got a couiple of silver dimes yesterday (im not a hog..lol) oh and there are couple of wheaties mixed in there (1930-D and 1919)

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Use a little citric acid on that bracelet, then buff it up with some cerium oxide on a damp cotton or flannel rag. Even better a jewelers polishing cloth. It'll come out prettier than new. Looks like you got some fun goodies to hone your restoration techniques on.

Hint_ get one of those four tine short handle weeding takes to break up soil & pull goodies out of corners. You know the stuff just past your finger tips.
Awesome advice, love this aspect of the hobby. Getting stuff home is just phase one.

Swamp Fox

Sep 22, 2019
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett A T Pro Garrett A T Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crawled under the deck at the spot I've been metal detecting in last two posts and went pin pointer fishing for little fun metal things and came up with a few more goodies, please enjoy this segment. Tomorrow the ground might be soft enough to try a new spot in a different town where I found a nice, paneled medicine bottle on the surface last fall right before the ground froze for three months. Take care all have fun digging.
The toy m 60 is awesome

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice !!! Congrats!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How were the cobwebs under there?
Good amount of targets that's for sure.

Top Member Reactions