Whats up with the Dozer Dave show?

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's been following Parker's show which the guide shows is 2 hours but the last hour is/has been Dozer.

OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks AZ, kinda like they did with the white wash after gold rush. Thank god for the FF button

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I'm losing respect for Dave since last night's episode when he was told NOT to go on a certain piece of land and he did anyway ! He and his crew violated their agreement and dug anyway !! What part of NO don't he understand ?? I'm going to start calling him toad............................

OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should use toad 2.0 since he worked for toad the first

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm losing respect for Dave since last night's episode when he was told NOT to go on a certain piece of land and he did anyway ! He and his crew violated their agreement and dug anyway !! What part of NO don't he understand ?? I'm going to start calling him toad............................

I'm pretty sure it's all just staged for drama, they've been doing dumb stuff like that since the first Gold Rush show. There was never enough paydirt in that area for more than one day.

OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will say though that in episode 3 it was the most application of actual mining basic mining practices the Gold Rush saga has ever shown. Mining not drama trumped the flavor of the episode

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It’s nothing new, why can’t anyone do a show with creativity?

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He spent 80,000k and collected 80 ozs.???

AllenJ

Mar 7, 2018
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Minelab GPX5000 & GM1000, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I started watching but have stopped due to the typical Discovery channel spin on things. I had high hopes for this show, I should have known better I guess.

mofugly13

Jan 30, 2015
San Francisco, Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
He spent 80,000k and collected 80 ozs.???

Yeah. I’m not so sure why he was so thrilled with 80 oz when his goal was 100oz. How much did each miner go home with? How much did each get from Discovery? Is this one of Toads spin offs? So he’s cashing in too?

I do like the whole emphasis on teamwork and hard work and mutual respect.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah. I’m not so sure why he was so thrilled with 80 oz when his goal was 100oz. How much did each miner go home with? How much did each get from Discovery? Is this one of Toads spin offs? So he’s cashing in too?

I do like the whole emphasis on teamwork and hard work and mutual respect.

He handed a quarter or so filled vial to one of the guys. I assume the other guys got the same so several grams or maybe an ounce each depending on it's size. When you think about equipment rental, fuel, royalties to the claim owners, etc. the economics do not add up. If Dave recovered the $80,000 he said he had invested in the venture then it was because of what the Discovery Channel gave him/them for filming the episodes.

OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a guess but I would say $5k/episode for Dave and $500- $1k/episode for of the crew... and the promise of more if the ratings warrant

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a 1 to 10 (10 being the best) I give it a 10..... MINUS.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a guess but I would say $5k/episode for Dave and $500- $1k/episode for of the crew... and the promise of more if the ratings warrant

Dave was getting 50 k per episode of the Original Gold Rush.. he probably gets less for the new show...maybe the same since it is still "Gold Rush".

His net worth is 2 million.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own property 3 miles from Lynx, thats my stomping grounds. Tributaries do not hold the yardage for a big operation, the hot spot on the end is only a couple hundred yards from and industrial business and the highway. Lynx itself has good gold but the pay layer was at 20 ft deep when they dredged it, and theres good gold east as well, just have to spend the time to find the paystreaks. The Fains are not really interested in letting any long term mining happen, too much of an impact on the town since its right in the middle of it. Oh and the spot where the trommel is setup was already a sand and gravel pit with gold recovery. Its pounded to death in that spot. I can name lots of areas near there that would be a lot better option for setting up shop and mining for real.

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lynx itself has good gold but the pay layer was at 20 ft deep when they dredged it, and theres good gold east as well, just have to spend the time to find the paystreaks. The Fains are not really interested in letting any long term mining happen, too much of an impact on the town since its right in the middle of it.

So there's even more gold underneath? Dave was only mining the top layer above the clay layer. Is it simply not worth the fuel cost of digging through it more thoroughly to get the gold?

Untitled.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions