Whats up with you Florida mders?

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It always looks better elsewhere till it dosen't!
Looking better elsewhere is often for a long long time.
While till it dosen't may be just a fleeting moment in the here and now.

Traveling from here to there or there to here can be rewarding.
But it dosen't change the above dynamics.
Unless today is the day!

You guys are KILLING it. . That's all I gotta say. . I think I might need to move from the west coast to yours. :headbang:

Last edited:

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks good when a few finds are made and posted but the majority of the time we are sanded in and going home with clad.
I recall a while back when Cali was killing it and we were sitting here building sandcastles. Guess it's just the winds of change blowing in our favor for once.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The grass is always greener on the other side.... Not

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You have to remember, we're into that time of year when our depositors are hitting the depositories in great numbers so the odds of deposits being found on our depositories increases significantly! :thumbsup:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Looks good when a few finds are made and posted but the majority of the time we are sanded in and going home with clad.
I recall a while back when Cali was killing it and we were sitting here building sandcastles. Guess it's just the winds of change blowing in our favor for once.

Clad? Not always. The other day I recovered 3 zincolns, an 11 pack of Bud Lite (buried because they are too lazy to carry to the trash can), a Capri-Sun juice pack, a dozen foil wrappers, countless pop tops and a smattering of bottle caps. Couldn't even pull crusty clad out of the sand.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well said diver down.
It's disgusting how people come to visit and leave their trash on the beach. Some locals I'm sure too.
If this didn't happen there would be no bottle caps and pull tabs to dig.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Well said diver down.
It's disgusting how people come to visit and leave their trash on the beach. Some locals I'm sure too.
If this didn't happen there would be no bottle caps and pull tabs to dig.

What ticks me off isn't so much the trash left behind. It is disgusting and there is no excuse for it. But what really ticks me off is the deliberate effort to dig a hole and bury their empty cans especially within sight of a trash can. Slobs.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I haven't found gold in my own stomping grounds in about a year! it is so sanded in it is disgusting!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This blind squirrel found a nut last month... aside from that, my beaches are cleaner now than they were, thankyou very much

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are KILLING it. . That's all I gotta say. . I think I might need to move from the west coast to yours. :headbang:
You're only seeing the success stories. You're not hearing about the countless hours of nothing to find but junk. Same thing happens here, but, if my experience is typical, I've had more success here. I've hunted many FL beaches (especially on the treasure coast) and couldn't believe how devoid of targets they were. It least I get some clad and junk targets here along with the occasional jewelry.

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
I prefer to hunt at night to avoid the people, avoid the morning sweepers, and to beat other md'ers. It amazes me how much garbage people leave. People are pigs!!! And I know all about how only people chime up on the wins but it seems like only the FL boys are chiming thus meaning everybody else either just don't boast or they just aren't finding anything. ....

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No gold to be found in FL ... Sanded in ... Shark attacks. Nothing to see here. :D

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435333482.577985.jpg 925 ER on Tuesday chest deep surf. Not much else happening...

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I might need to move from the west coast to yours. :headbang:

Florida is full, no vacancy. Sorry.

We have no more gold, money or jewelry on our beaches.

The beer is hot and the water is full of deadly sharks and jellyfish.

My beach is devoid of any metal. It's all gone and it rains every day.

Bad Day.jpg

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hours and hours and hours and hours......:laughing7: If I hadn't loved the beach environment and the chase so much it might have seemed fruitless and pointless. :laughing7:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Its a shark!!!! Its a shark!!!! Oh wait its just flesh eating bacteria. Its a flesh eating bacteria !!!!! Its a flesh eating bacteria !!!!!!!

sent from a sending device

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a shark!!!! Its a shark!!!! Oh wait its just flesh eating bacteria. Its a flesh eating bacteria !!!!! Its a flesh eating bacteria !!!!!!!

sent from a sending device
Don't forget the jellyfish, sting rays, sea lice and lighting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread