whats your thought about .....

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I think this is an awesome site, absolutely Invaluable to so many folks, in so many fields , interests
Incredible resource, for research
What drives me nuts is folks replying to posts with nothing educational or intelligent to say in their reply's

seems like certain folks are just trying to drive up their numbers, maybe I'm wrong ?
I know I'm gonna get belted over this post, and very sorry for the rant, been bugging me for some time
Yes, I've had an adult beverage while posting this rant - sorry
Just seems like an abuse of this awesome site
I only reply to posts when I have what I think is an intelligent observation or comment, thus my low numbers
I could be a gold member, but not interested in status / numbers, just interested in the educational and fun side of this site
My favorite is the - What is it - my go to spot, love the challange
Brady

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
chesapeake bay retrievers!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok, I see your point.
a couple of thoughts
A. number of posts or member level mean nothing, hence no reason to run up counts

2. some of us just like to have some fun and have no intention of irritating others

A-2. it is social media

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Life is like a journey
Taken on a train
I may sit beside you
All the journey through
Or I may sit elsewhere
Never knowing you
But if fate should
Put me by your side
Let's be pleasant travelers
Life's too short a ride

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First thing I would realize is this is a discussion forum. Generally people go to these places to discuss things, talk, shoot the ****, BS, beat each others ear drums black and blue(figuratively of course). I think it is very normal :)

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with some if not all of thee above posts. The posts forthcoming? Well Maybe, maybe not!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
long as I am the leader!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I forgot what this post was About Ill Be right Back

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry I Have A Very Short Attention span!!!! Its Cold here And I Hate My Job, My Boss is A B@#$H And WE ARE GETTING OLD But Still Get Out to Find The Good Stuff

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tnet is a community, a great place to share in the hobby. Many of us have met others online here and eventually hunted together. I am one of those who may have nothing "intelligent" to say, but still want to give support to others. People make time in their lives to upload pictures, think of witty titles and tell their story, in order to show others what they found. Why do we take that time to publicize the finds? I believe for recognition. I am glad that members recognize each other's finds, . Like Dave said, "Let's be pleasant travelers",

I hope you can through your pet peeve, if all the unintelligent posts were never made, I believe this place would be less popular, less active, and left drying on the vine.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with # 3 & # 12. I do not care what type of membership that I have. I enjoy responding to other members comments. Good hunting and good luck.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope you can through your pet peeve, if all the unintelligent posts were never made, I believe this place would be less popular, less active, and left drying on the vine.

Precisely. I'm a member on another forum and have seen a few folks make similar statements to that of Brady. They'll say how it's a prospecting/mining forum, and not a place to play or just BS. Well, that's true....to a point. But if folks aren't allowed to chime in and shoot the breeze now and then, they're simply gonna stop posting. It gets real dull real fast. So Brady, while I understand where you're coming from, I ask you to consider a little more just what Tnet would be like without a few wisecracks now and then. Yes, there's a lot of great info (on BOTH sites!!), but it's making that info fun and inviting to read that keeps people coming back for more. Granted, things "do" go a bit overboard at times. I've done my share of knocking a thread off-track in the past, as have others. But we're not robots, and the vast majority of folks here are not professional treasure hunters. Even those that are have to have their down time. As Jeff Gordon said, it's "social media" - so let's be social. :occasion14:

This post (and I'm sure the rest above, also) is not meant to anger you or poke fun at you in ANY way!! See, on that other forum I was speaking of, one of the people who was talking the loudest for a while about chat getting and staying on-topic is now one of the primary posters who cuts up and/or says things not really related to the forum topic. That's because this other forum literally started to die after a while. Now it's starting to liven up again, and more people are coming and staying logged in, and it's a much more enjoyable place to visit, and even to unwind from the world. So please do not take offense to our replies, as there is no offense given. And I 2nd Loco-Digger by saying that I, too, hope that you can work through your pet peeve.

VERY sincerely,
kcm :notworthy:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where the camel toe in chicken beaks is my freaking Bacon Cheeseburger! ??? Waiter! WAITER!!!!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Your cheeseburger is in paradise. Ask for Jimmy.

Oh- and sometimes people post in a topic so they are subscribed to it. That way they can come back to the post to see what others have said, or what the item is, or to see different opinions.

You can always go to Thread Tools and Subscribe- but some find it easier to just say, Nice Post, or Thanks for Sharing and they are automatically subscribed to the post.

Then, yes, there are people who just want to drive up their numbers. I don't know why, but hey, it's a status thing. Like getting to sit in front of the curtain on the airplane or wearing shoes that hurt your feet because they have a fancy name on it or sticking a NASCAR Jeff Gordon sticker on your broken down bean hauling rusted out pick-up truck.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your cheeseburger is in paradise. Ask for Jimmy.

Oh- and sometimes people post in a topic so they are subscribed to it. That way they can come back to the post to see what others have said, or what the item is, or to see different opinions.

You can always go to Thread Tools and Subscribe- but some find it easier to just say, Nice Post, or Thanks for Sharing and they are automatically subscribed to the post.

Then, yes, there are people who just want to drive up their numbers. I don't know why, but hey, it's a status thing. Like getting to sit in front of the curtain on the airplane or wearing shoes that hurt your feet because they have a fancy name on it or sticking a NASCAR Jeff Gordon sticker on your broken down bean hauling rusted out pick-up truck.
It's Dale Jr. not Jeff Gordon get it right, and quit talking about my pos truck. :laughing7:

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been discussed on here before and I agree with you bradyboy. I was called out by a member a couple years back because I commented that most of his reply's were "nice find".

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What? Are you serious? Called out someone because most of their posts were "nice finds?"
O.K. everyone....NO ONE posts anything that isn't serious and DEFINITELY don't say "nice finds" anymore!
What are people thinking? Imagine posting "nice find" on a treasure hunting forum. Wow, some people! :icon_scratch:
DO NOT post any humour also because no one in this world needs to laugh.
Just think.... all my hunting buddies laughing, playing practical jokes on each other, making weird noises in public places.....
We should stay off this forum because treasure hunting is a serious matter and no one should have any fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread