G

gigglygutts

Attachments

• whatzit.jpg
    whatzit.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 484
S

skyrider

That's a gyroscope..sort of the toy variety.? Some places still sell them.

There's a hole in the spindle and you wind a string up on there...pull the string off really hard and there ya go.

Cheers!? Neat find!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

gigglygutts

well there ya go!! Thanks! Ive had this sitting by my computer for ages wondering how to even look it up. Just had to go give it a spin after reading your reply ;D thanks again.

Upvote 0
S

skyrider

No problem! Those are fun to play with, aren't they? :)

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a modern one I have,not as nice as yours.You can find "treasures"in all kinds of places,I always did like digging through" junk" drawers and boxes. ;)H.H.-diggummup!

Attachments

• gyro.jpg
    gyro.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 345
Upvote 0

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Yup skyrider nailed it, I used to do all kinds of tricks with one that's Identical to that one! once it's spinning you can use the end with the dimple to stand it on a nail point or use the end with the slot to stand it on a taught string! 8)

Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Yep omni, can do all sorts of things with it. When I was a kid many, many years ago I fired one up and put it on my brothers head for fun, guess what? Hair and gyros don't mix too well-he almost had to go to school looking like that if mom hadn't got out her scissors.LOL Was a month before I was allowed to play with it again. Thanks for the memories, guys. HH

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread