Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a big wreck on the parkway a few days prior involving street racers. They never did find all the pieces, I know because I found one of the pieces today.
20220730_153052.jpg

The front wheel aparently exploded off the car with such force that it went over the guard rails, two lanes of traffic, through the woods, down the hill, and out to sea all while still retaining the brake assembly. Imagine it being akin to a cannon ball. Notice the damage to the rim from the force of impact.
20220730_153103.jpg

I'm planning on extracting this wheel and scraping it. Should bring about $15 or so and clean up the environment while we're at it.

Upvote 8

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it was either off a BMW or Mercedes... Go figure lol. That caliper may be worth something to someone.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a big wreck on the parkway a few days prior involving street racers. They never did find all the pieces, I know because I found one of the pieces today.
View attachment 2039240
The front wheel aparently exploded off the car with such force that it went over the guard rails, two lanes of traffic, through the woods, down the hill, and out to sea all while still retaining the brake assembly. Imagine it being akin to a cannon ball. Notice the damage to the rim from the force of impact.
View attachment 2039241
I'm planning on extracting this wheel and scraping it. Should bring about $15 or so and clean up the environment while we're at it.
Ohhhh😳

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread