When was the last time YOU found 5 US $1 Coins in ONE HOLE?

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thumbnail.jpg

Just another reason to DIG those "95" vid readings on the SIMPLEX+ for you Nokta Makro users! I was detecting an older no longer used football field that I have hunted many times over the past few years and have taken numerous amount of quarters and other coins to include pre 1965 silver dimes - But likely passed this target up in the past as "junk" and a larger target - However this time it sounded so loud and clear in all directions and a tighter target - AND after opening the hole I found these 5 dollar coins stacked nicely one on top of each other down about 6 inches. There was one 1999-D SBA and four 2000-D Sacagawea $1 coins - A FIRST FOR ME, after 50 years of metal detecting - THANKS FOR LOOKING and Happy Hunting everyone........BILL BROADFIELD

Upvote 26

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good dig, congrats!
Sometimes I'll stand there and swing over those 95 targets for several minutes before finally committing to dig, 'cause I just know it's going to be a can. But not always!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1987861

Just another reason to DIG those "95" vid readings on the SIMPLEX+ for you Nokta Makro users! I was detecting an older no longer used football field that I have hunted many times over the past few years and have taken numerous amount of quarters and other coins to include pre 1965 silver dimes - But likely passed this target up in the past as "junk" and a larger target - However this time it sounded so loud and clear in all directions and a tighter target - AND after opening the hole I found these 5 dollar coins stacked nicely one on top of each other down about 6 inches. There was one 1999-D SBA and four 2000-D Sacagawea $1 coins - A FIRST FOR ME, after 50 years of metal detecting - THANKS FOR LOOKING and Happy Hunting everyone........BILL BROADFIELD
Nice!!! Congrats!!! Gas Money!!!

Cuda74

Jan 9, 2021
North Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec II, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1987861

Great! I think I can safely say that your one of only a few that have found them stacked like that. Good job.

Armstrong

Apr 24, 2020
Jurassic Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely dig them. I found 3 in about 10 foot line of parking lot edge but not same hole. They ring up as quarters or silver ring so Ill never skip the high tone. I find more of the presidential ones I think.

Mr. Digger

Nov 25, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1987861

Nice! My record is 3, but never 5. Great!

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for ALL the replies to this thread - After hearing this week about Nokta Makro's release of their new "LEGEND" with a multi-frequency capability and a "ferrous" ID tracking bar as an added feature ........hopefully that will make it even easier and of course faster to confirm and/or eliminate a bottle cap or larger ferrous target that I currently now dig on that VID 95 reading of the Simplex+. HAPPY HUNTING EVERYONE.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmm let me think......NEVER! Great hunt, congrats :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread