midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now for the official Minelab Release.

EQUINOX SOFTWARE UPDATE 3.0​

WHAT IS NEW?​

A new Single Frequency of 4 kHz has been added to the existing 5, 10, 15, 20 and 40 kHz options. This new 4 kHz frequency enhances the detection of large deep targets, particularly those found in parts of Asia. As a result of optimising for these conditions, this new frequency may respond differently for users compared to the other single frequencies.
All other single and multi-frequency settings are unchanged in their performance.
In addition to the 4 kHz upgrade feature, various stability enhancements have been included.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would use it when looking for bigger deeper objects. Lower frequencies punch down smaller but I don't have a sensitivity for small stuff. Multi frequency is an excellent setting to stay in for General Detecting.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO, it's more of a diagnostic tool. When you get an iffy deep signal, switching to 4khz can help you decide if the target is deep copper or silver, or, a rusty nail. It can also help in areas with bad EMI. Don't rely on any I.D. numbers in that frequency however.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions