Mar 12, 2014
Greencastle Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign by
Cad
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in Lexington, and available every day to detect, I found a couple great spots here already. Hit me up if u wanna hunt sometime.

Apr 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in sptbg, I have access to tons of places to look for arrowheads, etc, but I need someone with experience to give me advice on where and how to look. I walk our creek looking all the time, meanwhile my family members have found multiple over the years and our neighbors find them. I have access to land in sptbg, woodruff, Waterloo and Pauline, all of which have creeks.

I have a hill property (half of a hill lol) that is on the river going into lake Greenwood.... quartz arrowheads have been found on the hill before. What is the best way to look? Part of the hill is exposed, the rest is covered with grass or trees. Lots of quartz veins come to the surface here, you can grab hand fulls of quartz from multiple places so maybe a good place to look??

Allison

Last edited:

tncreeker

Feb 6, 2011
Maggie Valley, N.C.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am in N.C. now, but if anyone is interested in a midden w/ tons of pottery, let me know. Its in Georgetown County, in Murrells Inlet. I had a vessel about 2/3 of the way put together. Never found a rock or point. Across the street theres a swash with pottery also. Lots of neat designs at both places.

Mar 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in N.C. now, but if anyone is interested in a midden w/ tons of pottery, let me know. Its in Georgetown County, in Murrells Inlet. I had a vessel about 2/3 of the way put together. Never found a rock or point. Across the street theres a swash with pottery also. Lots of neat designs at both places.

I live in murrells inlet literally across the street from a midden you posted in another old thread.
Really interested in it any more info?
I want to check it out but not sure if it's on someone's property or what.

danwards

Jan 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in sptbg, I have access to tons of places to look for arrowheads, etc, but I need someone with experience to give me advice on where and how to look. I walk our creek looking all the time, meanwhile my family members have found multiple over the years and our neighbors find them. I have access to land in sptbg, woodruff, Waterloo and Pauline, all of which have creeks.

I have a hill property (half of a hill lol) that is on the river going into lake Greenwood.... quartz arrowheads have been found on the hill before. What is the best way to look? Part of the hill is exposed, the rest is covered with grass or trees. Lots of quartz veins come to the surface here, you can grab hand fulls of quartz from multiple places so maybe a good place to look??

Allison

Hi Allison or anyone......
I'm located in York County and have experience finding Indian artifacts and looking for places to search and looking for people to go looking.

Mad Martigan

Greenie
Feb 28, 2013
Eastern Ky
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I moved to boiling springs two years ago for chiropractic school and id love to get out and hunt some points with somebody! If anyone is interested please let me know!

Madmetalmax

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2016
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 305, Whites Surfmaster PI DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, I'm in Charleston SC, would love to go relic hunting with anyone within a couple hours drive, Im open to going and asking for permission or whatever it takes, message me if you are looking for someone to hunt with. Thanks!!

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
New Johns Island Hunter here

There's a number of us on here from Charleston and the surrounding areas. You're in a super location for a lot of history!! Develop those contacts and some great permissions are sure to follow!

T hunter 24

Greenie
May 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try Camp Croft, The Army left everything there after ww2. (everything they had ) Type Camp Croft in search box to get the location.

rjross

Feb 26, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I know this is a very old post, but I hope you get this....my husband and I recently moved to newberry from indiana. He is homesick because he misses metal detecting, looking for arrowheads, etc. He'd love to have someone to go out with, or just meet for coffee and talk about this stuff. Would you be interested?

wkrp43

May 24, 2013
western NC
Detector(s) used
F2...BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in northern Spartanburg County.I have a very difficult time finding places to go hunting here.I have an old nearly abandon play ground and park I visit after all the gangs leave.

Just saw your seven year old post...lol. still looking?

Kstallz

Oct 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in spartanburg, always ready. 20190922_183307.jpg 20190922_183307.jpg

NashCarter

Jan 14, 2021
Randolph County, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone. Brand new to MD and relic hunting here. Just bought a Minelab CTX 3030 that should be here in a week or so. I live in NC but we have a place in North Myrtle on the inlet as well. Looking for someone to be able to link up with to go go relic hunting and also to learn a little from.

Sscalley

Mar 13, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrowhead Murrells inlet

I live in murrells inlet literally across the street from a midden you posted in another old thread.
Really interested in it any more info?
I want to check it out but not sure if it's on someone's property or what.

I am in Murrells Inlet also. Wondering if you are able to share location of midden. I have recently acquired what seems to be arrow heads in a man made pond.What do y’all think about them? B8C1376F-B18B-45E5-B61F-B5EC0356418A.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread