Where are you from ? ( in Illinois )

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard a perry. What kind of equipment do you have? Have you joined a club or have anyone to detect wth or help you start out?

sperry2487

Sep 19, 2013
Thank you I have a bounty hunter tracker IV I know its not great but does the job I have not yet joined a club but have looked in to it there is one in Joliet, I do not know any one else that detects but would love for some one to show me the ropes I have not dug in grass other then my yard because I'm not comfortable with my plugs I seem to make a good plug and clean up real well but always kill the grass and I don't want to go ruin it for any one, so I stick to playgrounds and wooded areas but feel like I'm missing out on good finds

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are you using as a digger? His summer when it was dry most plugs unless they were deep would turn brown and come back with some rain.
I am a member of that club in Joliet as well as one other person on here. Tot lots or playgrounds can be good places but can also be frustrating. I was taken detecting by a club member who made sure i knew how do dig a plug correctly and helped me learn some about my machine and pinpointing.
Of your looking for someone to detect with i am game. My schedule changes, i usually get out some weekdays and so,e on the weekends.

S IL THer

Nov 29, 2009
S. Illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, DFX, Coinmaster Pro,White's Eagle II SL, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really, you would actually admit you are from Orchardville....................

gimper

Jul 25, 2013
Illinois far from Chicago
Detector(s) used
CZ-6, White's Eagle 1(both broken) Compass X-100 and no pen to point (why waste batteries)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fayette county. guess i am a year late!!!

Marvin

Dec 24, 2010
Western Burbs of Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm even later than gimper. I'm out in Sugar Grove. I saw a few DeKalb guys on the list and one from Montgomery. Maybe I'll see ya out there when we thaw out.

mope540

Jun 29, 2011
Yonder
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, X1 probe, SEF 8X6 coil.

AT Gold, 5X8 coil, Garrett PP

Equinox 800, 6" coil

Oldest coin to date...1829 large cent
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sangamon County...not far from Springfield

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are you using as a digger? His summer when it was dry most plugs unless they were deep would turn brown and come back with some rain.
I am a member of that club in Joliet as well as one other person on here. Tot lots or playgrounds can be good places but can also be frustrating. I was taken detecting by a club member who made sure i knew how do dig a plug correctly and helped me learn some about my machine and pinpointing.
Of your looking for someone to detect with i am game. My schedule changes, i usually get out some weekdays and so,e on the weekends.

I am in western Kane County. Yes the that's a good point about digging plugs when is very dry out, when we don't have much rain. If is very dry out and were are not getting much rain its not a good idea digging pugs especially shallow plugs in lawn areas.. A shallow plug will most likely will kill the grass or leave a brown spot if it gets no water. For that reason during the dead of summer I avoid grass or lawns and work wooded areas until we get rain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread