IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not quite. The “Early Heavy Bombardment” with a lot of meteorites coming in happened when the Earth was in a very molten state. The gold and heavy elements sank, and then have reappeared toward the surface via tectonic and volcanic activity.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also believe it’s important to remember that the vast majority of science is theory presented as fact. I’m not saying the bombardment theory is wrong just that the elemental makeup of the planet during its molten phase is not an exact science. By the very nature of space dust and gravity it’s tough to say what was here or what sailed in on a pissed off rock.

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not quite. The “Early Heavy Bombardment” with a lot of meteorites coming in happened when the Earth was in a very molten state. The gold and heavy elements sank, and then have reappeared toward the surface via tectonic and volcanic activity.

Shouldn't areas with active volcanic activity like Iceland and Hawaii have lots of gold then?

Doubloony

Apr 8, 2021
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody knows. Scientists can come up with theories. Everything they print as being fact goes against the very basis of their profession, unless they can 'scientifically' prove it as such. They cannot, nor can anyone prove any of what they present as fact. People that do this should return their degrees. I honestly feel sorry for those that actually believe the things they put out.

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The University of Arizona dated some ultramafic, mafic and amphibole rocks from my place Treasure Valley where the old Lookadoo Gold Mine was located in days gone by. I have found gold, rubies, sapphires, zircons etc. on the property. I believe they tested 70 samples and the age of the rocks varied from over 300 million years old to a little over 2 billion. So as IDXMonster indicated heavy materials may have sunk and been pushed back up by volcanic or tetonic in later years and erosion has now exposed them.

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is gold in the Icelandic lava/magma, but you are going to need some way to concentrate what's there, like large scale hydrothermal activity.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
at a campfire i asked why know one has counterfeited or make gold. they said there not anything on earth hot enough to do it,but china is getting close on the heat,not sure if they will use it for this.
brad

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at a campfire i asked why know one has counterfeited or make gold. they said there not anything on earth hot enough to do it,but china is getting close on the heat,not sure if they will use it for this.
brad

That was the intention of most alchemist yet was never achieved. I read an article about the ability to make gold in machinery like colliders but the cost to make even the smallest amount is astronomic.

Bust out your shovel. Nothing makes value like sweat and a little human suffering.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread