WHERE DO I GET AN "NOI" FORM? - FS DIDNT EVEN KNOW!

F

fbeal

WHERE DO I GET AN "NOI" FORM? - FS DIDN'T EVEN KNOW!

I stopped in at my local Forest Service District Headquarters to find out exactly what the rules were to be able to use a sluice.You must first fill out a notice of intent form.

So ok, give me one and I will fill it out. Sorry! We can't find them here or on the internet.

So how am I supposed to fill out the @#$ form if you can't even produce one?!!

Does anyone have a link to the form or have the form in a file that could be emailed? (We have to help out our Forest Service (service my #$@) and give them a copy of their form so they will have one!

Upvote 0

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Re: WHERE DO I GET AN "NOI" FORM? - FS DIDN'T EVEN KNOW!

Sorry, never heard of the form. If I performed my job at the level of service you got, I'd be fired on the spot!

Dudes

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You got BS'd twice in one visit to the forest circus!! Court ruled,Lex-Waggoner decision,that none requireded and district court ,citing this same appealate ruling,that none required unless your moving with a bulldozer for your sluice box or staying over 15 days in one spot. It's easy to plead ignorance when they're ignorant.Talk to the minerals officer to get the form you'll never need or use.Tons a au 2 u 2-John

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi,

I agree with Hoser!

But since you asked....

2817.1 - Notice of Intention to Operate.
Subject to certain exceptions (36 CFR 228.4(a)(2)) written notice of intention to operate is required from operators who propose to conduct operations which might cause surface resource disturbance and who have chosen not to file an operating plan. The notice of intention must include or describe:
1. Name and address of the operator.
2. Information sufficient to identify the area on the ground with reasonable certainty, preferably with maps.
3. The route of access to the area of operations.
4. The nature, in some detail, of the proposed operations, especially of surface disturbing activities, such as trenching, drill road, and drill site construction, or tree cutting.
5. The proposed method of transport to the area of operations.
6. The date the operation is expected to begin and approximately the length of time to be required. The notice is to be submitted to the District Ranger. The proposed operation described in the notice must be evaluated by the District Ranger, who will inform the operator within 15 days after the notice is received either that the operation is exempt from the requirement for an operating plan or that one is required. If no operating plan is required for operations, that notification must be documented with a copy to the operator as promptly and simply as is feasible. The documentation should include the basis for the determination that a plan is not required. The documentation is part of the administrative record and may be helpful in subsequent administrative or judicial review. If the District Ranger determines that significant disturbance of the surface resources will likely result from the operations, the District Ranger will inform the operator of the requirement to prepare a plan of operations.

2817.11 - Determination of Significant Resource Disturbance.
The determination of what is significant can come only from a fair, reasonable, and consistent evaluation of proposed operations on a case-by-case basis. Significant is a site-sensitive term: A particular surface resource-disturbing activity in one area, such as flat sage brush-covered ground, might not be significant, while the same operation in a high alpine meadow could be highly significant.

36cfr228.jpg

Steve Herschbach
http://www.recminer.com/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread