Where do you send the Equinox if it needs repair.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You send it to Minelab's repair center in PA. You first call Minelab, they will record your info and give you an RMA# and the address to ship it to.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good “textbook” answer - and no doubt correct in the long run. I am very curious to hear, however, what experience forum members have who end up with a defective Nox in the next couple of months.

Based on my experience with a ML gold machine that was bad, I would bet a breakfast burrito that they would be directed to return it to ML and ML would replace it. There are several reasons why this might happen. ML wanting to get data on the failure, lack of repair processes and spare parts, desire to minimize the negative impact to the buyer....all good reasons.

OP
OP
digger460

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
The reason I asked was because someone had said the if you buy from Cabela's , you'd have to deal with them. I always buy from one of the sponsor's here, but if for whatever reason Cabela's get's quite a few more Equinox's, then I'd rather get one from them. If we could get somewhat of an answer from one of the dealer's on how long, then I'd wait.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warranty on Minelab machines is handled 100% by Minelab. How they deal with a warranty issue may vary depending on circumstances - repair or replace.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taking something back to Cabella's purchased online may be like trying to take something back to walmart.com. Impossible. I know from first hand experience if you purchase from a .com you pretty have to return it to the .com, lots of times the item is being shipped from a third party and the physical store wants nothing to do with you. Walmart is a classic example. I'd call ahead to see about their policy, of course you should have read the terms and conditions from their website BEFORE you purchase. That applies to any website. When you click the "I agree to the terms and conditions", it's all over. Whatever you agreed to good or bad, they will hold you to it. That's why most people get in trouble online, especially with those blasted subscriptions, they don't read the terms and conditions.

OP
OP
digger460

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Taking something back to Cabella's purchased online may be like trying to take something back to walmart.com. Impossible. I know from first hand experience if you purchase from a .com you pretty have to return it to the .com, lots of times the item is being shipped from a third party and the physical store wants nothing to do with you. Walmart is a classic example. I'd call ahead to see about their policy, of course you should have read the terms and conditions from their website BEFORE you purchase. That applies to any website. When you click the "I agree to the terms and conditions", it's all over. Whatever you agreed to good or bad, they will hold you to it. That's why most people get in trouble online, especially with those blasted subscriptions, they don't read the terms and conditions.

I was on there site this morning, and it said this item is not available online. Don't know if that's because there out right now or the only way to purchase it is to call the number for orders. Called Kellyco this morning and they said they just got 40 in, and there gone. He said they get a delivery about every 2 weeks, and there's hundreds of backorders and growing everyday. I was a late orderer, so I am probably looking at April sumtin?:BangHead:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just temporarily sold out. Cabellas return policy is 90 days then it’s up to the manufacturer. Applies to most all their stuff

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good “textbook” answer - and no doubt correct in the long run. I am very curious to hear, however, what experience forum members have who end up with a defective Nox in the next couple of months.

Based on my experience with a ML gold machine that was bad, I would bet a breakfast burrito that they would be directed to return it to ML and ML would replace it. There are several reasons why this might happen. ML wanting to get data on the failure, lack of repair processes and spare parts, desire to minimize the negative impact to the buyer....all good reasons.

On all new detector releases Minelab does replacement not repairs for a length of time so if someone gets a defective Equinox it will be replaced not repaired for now, I do not know how long it will be before it becomes repair, I have reached out to my contacts to find out and waiting for the reply.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did not know that Cabelas was a supporting vendor. Seems the mention of anyone else selling detectors is forbidden here or is it only the ones the Mods do not like?

OP
OP
digger460

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Did not know that Cabelas was a supporting vendor. Seems the mention of anyone else selling detectors is forbidden here or is it only the ones the Mods do not like?

Didn't mean to support Cabelas. Personally I think there over priced on most stuff.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cabelas is not a detector store, they are a box store, they do not specialize in detector equipment, no one posted any links to Cabelas either, it is no different than someone telling members to buy a trowel at walmart to dig with. Neither violates our rules.

End your attack on mods....

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since when is stating Facts considered an attack on the mods? A little sensitive are we not?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since when is stating Facts considered an attack on the mods? A little sensitive are we not?

I believe it was the last part of your sentence where you took a dig at Mods maybe being biased when you don't have any proof of that.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Post was an attack on mods, your post implies mods pick and choose what non supporting vendors we allow to post and that is not true.

Per our rules....

You may not.... Advertise on behalf of any business, post links to a business page that you are in any way associated with, or have a username that represents a business. Only official site supporting vendors are permitted to do so.

You may not.... Post links to competitive affiliations/products within the vendor sections. Only official site supporting vendors are permitted to do so, within their own sections.

Walmart, Amazon, Cabellas are not dedicated treasure hunting stores so mentioning them in posts is allowed while posting hot links to them is not, Mentioning the name or posting a link to non supporting vendors that specialize in treasure hunting supplies or sells anything that a paying vendor here sells violates our rules.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rules work WORK FOR ME!

I like our forum and the US Constitution better then Taliban’s code of ethics... just sayin..LOL

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as the question on where to send the Equinox for repair, all detector repairs go through Chicago first for RMA#s then Minelab Chicago will decide if it is a repair issue needing to go to their repair center in Pa or replacement issue. The number to call for repair issues on all Minelab detectors including the Equinox is 877 767-6522.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions