pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Make sure you can hold it, just don't buy a piece of paper stating that you have it.
Buy small as it's easier to sell.
Up here in Canada large 10 oz. Bar holders have a harder time when selling the bar. They want to covert them into 10 1 Oz. Coins or bar size.
Silver is another option, but bulky.

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you can hold it, just don't buy a piece of paper stating that you have it.
Buy small as it's easier to sell.
Up here in Canada large 10 oz. Bar holders have a harder time when selling the bar. They want to covert them into 10 1 Oz. Coins or bar size.
Silver is another option, but bulky.
yes this is what i am after. gold in hand.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
All the big name vendors such as Provident, APMEX and SD Bullion have good reps and are fairly competitive in price. Keep in mind, the smaller the piece, the larger the premium. For instance, ten 1/10 oz gold eagles will average $2780 while a one-oz. gold eagle will cost $2022 (approximation based on today’s gold price). Also, a cash (check, m.o.) payment will save 3% vs a CC payment but you also have protections that cash doesn’t offer.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never eat at a place called Mom,s.never play pool with a guy named Fats,never play poker with a guy named Slick and never buy gold from a guy named Fast Eddie. Sorry,I couldn,t help it.If any one is offended please feel free to cuss my name under your breath.

Hiball76

Jul 17, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett At gold, equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is now really a good time to buy?
It’s like everything I suppose, Moderation is Key in all investment strategies. I’ve primarily stayed away from Gold because I felt it was overpriced, at least in comparison to Silver percentage/gold. I don’t really buy PM’s as a investment strategy or to hedge against inflation etc. I just like to pull it all out of the safe, spread it out on the bed and roll around in it.. Ha!

If I’m buying it’s because there’s a EBay deal on eBay bucks/coupon or a killer deal eating up some of these crazy premiums being attached to PM’s.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Is now really a good time to buy?
For quite some time gold has been hovering about the same price of the highs of 2012. It recently spiked to $1,975 for a very short while. I’m waiting to see what happens but I’d feel comfortable buying below $1,800.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread