Where to start? We've got caches on our property, a map, need a plan! SW Missouri

OP
OP
Z

ZeeMartin

Greenie
Aug 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go sit on where the porch is/was relax and ask yourself where would I? Have you thought about dowsing? Forget the naysayers here. Give it a try! You might be surprised. At this point it can't hurt.
well when I was a kid, I watched my mom water-witch up the location of the septic tank on a house we'd bought... because it wasn't were the plans said it was. so it could work :D

OP
OP
Z

ZeeMartin

Greenie
Aug 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1CompassGirl Get an Airlel picture view of your property and dowse it with a pendulum what kind of metal detector are you using ?

I've got google satelite, and a contour map of the property from USGS. I do know how to use a pendulum, so that's something I could do.
I don't have a metal detector yet, don't actually know what I need, given the conditions we have... hoping to get some advice on that!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You,ve gotten some good info and ideas here.I sincerely hope you find the caches.If all else fails and you get a detector try a grid search and slowly search every foot of the place.Patience and perseverance are your friends.Good luck!

C&SDiggers

Jun 29, 2022
@ZeeMartin you could always hold a group hunt at your place and offer the finder/s a percentage of the findings? I'm sure everyone within earshot would be in your yard tomorrow with their best equipment! I know I would be if you lived close enough lol

OP
OP
Z

ZeeMartin

Greenie
Aug 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ZeeMartin you could always hold a group hunt at your place and offer the finder/s a percentage of the findings? I'm sure everyone within earshot would be in your yard tomorrow with their best equipment! I know I would be if you lived close enough lol
I consider that a possibility :D Don't know much about how all that works though, percentages, privacy, the lot.

OP
OP
Z

ZeeMartin

Greenie
Aug 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My eyes are too old to read all these posts so excuse me if I'm repeating another's post.'
Get aerial photos of the area that were taken before the jars were buried. Then see if you can match landmarks.
Don......
... before ... of course! Dang there's so much about solving this kind of problem I don't know! Ok, gonna go look, there's a county history society, maybe they'd know were to find those!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions