which ATV ?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kawasaki brute force, Honda recon, Suzuki quad king, Yamaha grizzly look at them and then decide from there

Steve 009

Greenie
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about a Argo lots of room for equipment plus can pull a loaded trailer Steve

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't know anything about an argo. have to look it up.
thanks

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Polaris 400 sportsman, that I bought new in 2001.

I use it hard, skidding logs, plowing snow, and have never had a problem.

Change oil, grease it, and a couple new batteries.....

5 below zero the other morning, she's sitting in a cold shed and pops right off, 14 years old.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
How about a Argo lots of room for equipment plus can pull a loaded trailer Steve

I have a Max II from Recreative industries of New York.
Argo's have differences but there are similarities.
Some considerations should be suspension. Tires are what absorb part of the shock. Can cause a stiff hard ride on rough terrain.
If running in water bearings need greasing (as many do) frequently. Some are a challenge to reach. Understood adding features raises cost but should I pull the motor a manifold system installed will be desired to make greasing easier.
Trails ridden also factor. If running rutted trails ,especially those that are restricted in width ,high centering poses a problem despite slippery tub.
They are fun but maintenance can not be ignored with out consequences and the price points of softer rides and more ground clearance affect buyers.

Last edited:

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grizzly has taken Quad of the year quite a few times in Dirt Wheels shootout . I have a Teryx and will go with the Grizzly when my daughter decides she wants her own quad .

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had 3 arctic cat atvs and liked them all. Never got rid of one because of any problems but only to move up to one with more horsepower or new features like power steering. Love my 2012 arctic cat TRV 700.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure if this has been brought up before and just want to get input from you folks on your choice of ATV for prospecting and hitting the back
roads in search of that yella metal.
thanks in advance.
davin
Make sure you get one with a WINCH on it

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 Polaris Rangers. These are the BEST for me . Neither is the crew cab. My wife was very upset when i bought our first one. She loves our 900 It has front and back windows , Plow and side screens .Both have snow plows and winches./ we haul manure out of the barn they have dump beds. One can not imagine how handy they are at the barn and in the fields

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread