Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Last time out, I switched to the “Wet Beach” setting in the dry sand and my Deus came alive. Before, in the “Dry Beach” mode, I hadn’t been getting any target signals.
When placed in the Wet Beach mode, I immediately got 3 nickels and quarter. Some of the dry sand had a light layer of moisture under it.
Anyone have the same experience? Thanks.

Last edited:

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I use the Equinox 600 program. Works really well in the saltwater. However, I do hunt with my Deus on the beach from time to time. Dry sand with either LF or HF coil is great. Good depth too, but usually only after fresh drops, so depth not a real factor. Get it to close to the wet saturated sand or in the saltwater and forget it. cannot hunt, at least in S FL. Tried everything. Then when I had it settled down I may have gotten 2 inches of depth with it in the wet sand. So I just use it for dry beach. Did not have a problem after a rain if the surface sand was wet. Salt wet, no bueno.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the Equinox 600 program. Works really well in the saltwater. However, I do hunt with my Deus on the beach from time to time. Dry sand with either LF or HF coil is great. Good depth too, but usually only after fresh drops, so depth not a real factor. Get it to close to the wet saturated sand or in the saltwater and forget it. cannot hunt, at least in S FL. Tried everything. Then when I had it settled down I may have gotten 2 inches of depth with it in the wet sand. So I just use it for dry beach. Did not have a problem after a rain if the surface sand was wet. Salt wet, no bueno.

Good post here!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread