Which direction to walk while circling the transmitter

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard it doesn't matter which direction you walk around the MFD transmitter (frequency generator). But I also heard from another source it is best to have your writing hand towards the transmitter, or the opposite hand on the target side even if you are not using a transmitter. So if you are right handed you can try to walk clockwise around the transmitter and anti-clockwise if you are left handed. I think htis is more important if you are only using one rod as for most people you want it to swing towards your body.

I mentioned this earlier but I walk more of an octogonal path (eight sides) around the transmitter, a series of straight lines so I am not trying to turn a corner all the time. It's easier to keep the rod stable when walking in a straight line. It's also easier to pick a spot several yards ahead of you to look at as a distraction to take your conscious mind off things.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the energy of radio-frequecy wawes required to flip the quantum spin of electrones depends on magnetic field strenght these electrones see. Moveing side way threw magnetic field mihgt affect the inner Bioenergy and d-rod the L-rods. The receiver will still work but the selectivity (discrimination) might be lost. This is one of the reasons why one can find rocks much more frequently than gold.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, the energy of radio-frequecy wawes required to flip the quantum spin of electrones depends on magnetic field strenght these electrones see. Moveing side way threw magnetic field mihgt affect the inner Bioenergy and d-rod the L-rods. The receiver will still work but the selectivity (discrimination) might be lost. This is one of the reasons why one can find rocks much more frequently than gold.
Ok. I literally cant' tell if this post is meant to be facetious or serious.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, Creaky, you nailed me.
Ironically, the first sentance of my post was the only one telling the truth. Electrones do spin, well sort of, and spin is a quantum number of +-1/2. If you want people not to belive you, just tell the truth. The side effect is they may start hateing you as well.

Siriously, it doesn't matter how you move around the transmitter, the device will (not) work just the same.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clockwise or Counterclockwise, both the same signal reception for me. And it's where the receiving end is grounded, that you dowse around. You don't have to circle the device nor where the sending wire is grounded.

Last edited:

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ironically, the first sentance of my post was the only one telling the truth. Electrones do spin, well sort of, and spin is a quantum number of +-1/2. If you want people not to belive you, just tell the truth. The side effect is they may start hateing you as well.

Siriously, it doesn't matter how you move around the transmitter, the device will (not) work just the same.

Siriously, indeed.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm surprised you didn't work "nano" in there somewhere, as in "the stressors on the flex capacitor at the atomic nano-level indicate the proper direction to rotate."

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my techniques is to face the transmitter with the rod pointing towards that direction. I walk sideways through a suspected signal line. As I pass the line the rod will start to turn back towards the line. So if I am walking to my right the rod will swing a bit to the left when I go past the signal line. By moving back the other direction the rod will again align when on the signal line, and when I go past the line the rod will swing towards the right a bit. This is more sensitive for me. I realize watching a video would be easier to understand this. Maybe I will see if I can get somebody to help me to make one. Also notice I am not facing the target area; I have my back to it. Less stuff to influence the search.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my techniques is to face the transmitter with the rod pointing towards that direction. I walk sideways through a suspected signal line. As I pass the line the rod will start to turn back towards the line. So if I am walking to my right the rod will swing a bit to the left when I go past the signal line. By moving back the other direction the rod will again align when on the signal line, and when I go past the line the rod will swing towards the right a bit. This is more sensitive for me. I realize watching a video would be easier to understand this. Maybe I will see if I can get somebody to help me to make one. Also notice I am not facing the target area; I have my back to it. Less stuff to influence the search.

I never tried that, facing the generator, I'll give that a try..

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also I like to walk with the L-rod pointing out from my side.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your attempt at comedy has failed. As far as I am concerned your posts are harassment.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread