Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would not.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The only reason is the cleaning of my Goldhog mat rolling it reverse rolling it hurts my arthritis hands I’m 72 and most of the time there are small stones left in the riffles
In that case, it might be worth converting. Or use some of the more flexible GH mats. Talon and Motherlode roll pretty nicely. Downdraft is a battle.

My buddy and I sometimes run our small 6” wide highbankers in tandem off of the same Honda pump, digging in the same hole, and we get the about same amount of gold. My mats are Gold Hog and his are Dream Mat. The only other difference is that his is 8’ long and mine is 4’ long.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I switched to Dream Mat because I can run more material with faster water flows. But I've used and like both. First I run thru the Dream Mat for speed, then the Gold Hog after for consentrating with a low flow pump.

Last edited:

desertgolddigger

Bronze Member
May 31, 2015
Twentynine Palms, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't have experience with either, but for a in the stream sluice, the Gold Hog mat seems to be specifically for such use.

I don't believe the Dream mat is designed for anything larger than fin gold and smaller, though, if my memory serves me, The Dream mat people have a larger setup just for sluices.

Anyway, if I could afford the Gold Hog, I would prefer it to the Dream mat. Just my meager opinion.

OP
OP
D

Don Barton

Mar 27, 2022
I don't have experience with either, but for a in the stream sluice, the Gold Hog mat seems to be specifically for such use.

I don't believe the Dream mat is designed for anything larger than fin gold and smaller, though, if my memory serves me, The Dream mat people have a larger setup just for sluices.

Anyway, if I could afford the Gold Hog, I would prefer it to the Dream mat. Just my meager opinion.
Thank you sir yes I’m staying with Goldhog mats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread