Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pick up the phone and give them a call. They will take care of you.

OP
OP
dts52

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, Bayoutalker.
dts

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
You may be on your own as Whites just announced they are closing the manufacturing facility in Sweet Home while they "reevalute".
They had a long run but put a fork in them...they're done.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't think their done they make some of the best. HH
You may be on your own as Whites just announced they are closing the manufacturing facility in Sweet Home while they "reevalute".
They had a long run but put a fork in them...they're done.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Just called a White's dealer and he told me he received a letter from them. Today is the last day to order, and he plans to.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just called a White's dealer and he told me he received a letter from them. Today is the last day to order, and he plans to.
Now the question is "do you buy a Whites?" If they shut down the warranty is going to be worthless unless they have a real plan to take care of the customers. It's really a shame.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now the question is "do you buy a Whites?" If they shut down the warranty is going to be worthless unless they have a real plan to take care of the customers. It's really a shame.

Centerville Electronics in VA was already a White's service center, and they will continue to provide warranty service.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Centerville Electronics in VA was already a White's service center, and they will continue to provide warranty service.
Hopefully that's true but if White's shuts down who is going to pay them or provide parts? Warranty is only good if there is a manufacturer to back it up.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Friend posted a link to a newspaper article on Sweet Home lay offs. White's was mentioned as laying off back in March due to virus.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully that's true but if White's shuts down who is going to pay them or provide parts? Warranty is only good if there is a manufacturer to back it up.

The Service Dept at White's always ran at a profit, even accounting for free warranty repairs (I used to work at White's). Centerville probably always has, too. And Bob Buttafuso is a top-notch guy, he's had a very long relationship with White's.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Service Dept at White's always ran at a profit, even accounting for free warranty repairs (I used to work at White's). Centerville probably always has, too. And Bob Buttafuso is a top-notch guy, he's had a very long relationship with White's.
While I'm sure all that is true, if White's goes out completely who is going to pay Centerville for warranty repairs? Also who is going to provide parts needed for repair? White's has a good rep and hopefully they will have a plan to take care of their customers. I personally would like to see someone step up and take the company over and get it back on the right track but I don't know if that's possible.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I'm sure all that is true, if White's goes out completely who is going to pay Centerville for warranty repairs? Also who is going to provide parts needed for repair? White's has a good rep and hopefully they will have a plan to take care of their customers. I personally would like to see someone step up and take the company over and get it back on the right track but I don't know if that's possible.

That is the problem, who pays for the work performed under warranty and available parts will quickly become a problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread