Whites Coinmaster 6000/D spotted this morning...

thebirdflu

Aug 29, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I made a stop at the older thrift shop in town this morning. Due to my work hours I'm only able to sneak over there about once a week. As soon as I walk in, leaning against the counter is an old Whites Coimaster 6000/D metal detector. I'm thinking sweet! I would love to give an old detector a try. As soon as I touched it the store manager said that it's not for sale yet [emoji20]. I set it back against the counter and noticed a box full of Super Nintendo games - one of my other favorite interests! So I motioned to that box and she said she hasn't gone through that yet so it's not for sale either. I heard her say to another customer that she got a huge delivery of donations (detector and games included) and that it will take her a while to price everything. She said this while she was on the phone with someone talking about relationship problems etc. Every time I go to that store she is talking on the phone about personal business. My first thought was that she can get more items priced if she didn't talk in the phone so much, but I digress.

Man I hope I'm able to catch these items when (or if) she puts them out for sale. This store doesn't get much business because a lot donated items never make it to floor. Rumor is that the manager and her assistant also have a thriving flea market business in a different county.... Hmm. Regardless I will make sure to be a frequent shopper there for a while and hope I can snatch up the games and maybe the detector too!

OP
OP
T

thebirdflu

Aug 29, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE - I took off work early today and stopped by the store again and they had the metal detector. Picked it up for $20! The battery connections look clean so I just need to get some batteries and see how well it works.

About the SNES games. I guess it wasn't a box of games or they sold most of them already. I found a bag with three games for $6. But oh my, the three I found have made my day. One of them is a personal holy grail of mine and a truly rare one - Chrono Trigger - one of the best games made for SNES. The cartridge alone sells for around $100 on eBay. The other two games generally sell for $25-30 although I'm not planning on selling any of them.

I also saw a Sega system with some games there for $20. I already have a Sega but I'll research the games and see if it's worth making that purchase too. Good luck everyone with your treasure hunting!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452804690.213953.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452804709.950448.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452804799.962719.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452804818.088268.jpg

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro
Nice finds! What's the point of being in business if you don't sell? She should have priced them right there on the spot. Now she gets no money for them...Silly business plan there.

OP
OP
T

thebirdflu

Aug 29, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies everyone. I wished she would have priced them on the spot but I still ended up getting both items that I wanted. In her defense there are only two people who regularly work there. Maybe they could hire another full time employee to help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions