brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: White's dfx

Most of my good relic finds have been made with the XLT and the 9.5 coil so I would suggest to use the same size coil with the DFX. The larger the coil the deeper the signal though in a site with lots of trash ( iron, house debris, etc. ) the smaller coils discriminate better. If you are in a "clean" field then use a wide quick swing with the 9.5 but if detecting a house site, use a smaller coil and slow down to listen for those faint good signals. Good luck! HH!
Mike

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The 6X10 DD is a bit better for seperation. The larger the coil the deeper you go, but the trade off is you loose the smaller items. I think jimmy S's 12" would be a good choice.

OP
OP
rjw4law

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Thanks for the info will research, prepare and put it to use..

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.

I have also read alot about the 4x6 eclipse as being very good, especially in trashy sites. That is the one I am going to pick up when I get a little more cash.

GatorsMoon

Feb 26, 2008
Mason County
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX SunRay DX1 Probe

The 4X6 Eclipse is an excellent coil. I have one on my DFX and love it for trashy areas. I have picked up dimes at 7"-8" with the Eclipse. The depth reading is a little off, I was told that is because the DFX is calibrated for the 9.5" coil. The Sun-Ray probe is another must have for your DFX. Good Hunting!

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.

I just bought the 4x6 and am looking forward to using it. The ground is starting to show a little better in this neck of the woods. I have been looking for another type pin pointer, so I'll look into the sunray also. Happy hunting, the winter blue's have been tough! :occasion14:

OP
OP
rjw4law

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

My 4 X 6 is great... use it to get real close to metal poles, buildings and tight spots...I have separated out a dime next to a pop tab also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions