Whites M6 and Detech SEF Butterfly Coils

Drew32215

Mar 5, 2016
San Diego, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix M6 w/ 9.5” concentric coil, and eclipse 6x10 dd coil. Whites bullseye 140mm pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ya’ll, I’m very new to White’s and I’ve recently purchased a new M6 with the standard 9.5” coil. Having had some experience with Garrett machines and DD coil on my scorpion, I went ahead and purchased an extra 6x10” Eclipse DD coil for the M6 machine. I live on the west coast and understand why having DD coils is necessary. I’m just gathering thoughts about the SEF coils and if they are a good investment over the Eclipse DDs. Any thoughts from actual experience helpful.

Nicksan

Nov 17, 2005
So. Cal.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Stock and 6" coils
Whites M6 & MXT, Super 12 & 6x8 Detech coils
Miccus Bluetooth headphones & Ratphones
Lesche
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Ya’ll, I’m very new to White’s and I’ve recently purchased a new M6 with the standard 9.5” coil. Having had some experience with Garrett machines and DD coil on my scorpion, I went ahead and purchased an extra 6x10” Eclipse DD coil for the M6 machine. I live on the west coast and understand why having DD coils is necessary. I’m just gathering thoughts about the SEF coils and if they are a good investment over the Eclipse DDs. Any thoughts from actual experience helpful.

I too am looking for a new coil for my MXT and M6 and have heard very good things about the SEF 8x10 coil but I dont know if using another brand coil will nullify the warranty from whites. I would stick with the whites DD since you already have one but the SEF are not all that expensive.

Good luck.

Last edited:

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll express my interest in this as well. Have pretty much settled on the Ultimate 13 as my next coil in line, but I have always been a bit curious about the 8x10.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used the 6X8 SEF on my MXT, DFX and M6 and it is a great little coil. It gets good depth and is really good in trashy areas. I just ordered one for my Treasure Pro and my next coil will definitely be the Ultimate 13.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread