May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's MXT at a yard sale

Went Friday and Saturday looking for some deals.
Friday I see a White's MXT Tracker E sitting on a table......looked in new condition.
The first guy said it didn't work. Then the owner came up and said that only the display didn't work.
Ok...I can live with that if the machine works. Machine, White's Carry Bag and headphones for $40.
That buy made my whole day. I got it home and tested it in the yard and it works great.
I love yard sales...........They should rename the event to something like Treasure Sale!

whitesmxt.jpg

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, congrats on a great deal! I have been wanting to get a White's MXT for a long time but can never find a deal like that. I am assuming that you found that the display actually works but even if is does not, you could send it to White's for the repairs, a check-up and tune-up and still come in at nearly $500 less than the cost of a good used one in full working condition.

Also, thanks for your Service! I served in the 3rd Armored Division and 37th Transportation Group in Germany and 5th Army in Illinois.

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
goldkey

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, congrats on a great deal! I have been wanting to get a White's MXT for a long time but can never find a deal like that. I am assuming that you found that the display actually works but even if is does not, you could send it to White's for the repairs, a check-up and tune-up and still come in at nearly $500 less than the cost of a good used one in full working condition.

Also, thanks for your Service! I served in the 3rd Armored Division and 37th Transportation Group in Germany and 5th Army in Illinois.

Frank

I took it apart when I got it home...hoping that it was just a disconnected wire. Couldn't find anything but a small open spot on one of the wires going into the display. I assumed that open spot on the wire may have caused a short. White's said it would be around $100 to replace the display screen and perhaps a chip or 2. I think I will use it as it is for a while. I just got the Nokta Fors Core about a week ago....still working the newness off of it. One thing I do like about the White's is running the threshold.

* Back at you on the SERVICE!

Last edited:

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great find. my friend was a minelab dealer and when he quit the business, he sold every detector he had except his Whites MXT. Also, Whites service is top notch.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You stole it legally :thumbsup:

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Great buy!

Speaking of Minelabs - I heard the Chinese were selling counterfeit ones. Does anyone know if they are counterfeiting any other brand of MD? Thanks!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great buy!

Speaking of Minelabs - I heard the Chinese were selling counterfeit ones. Does anyone know if they are counterfeiting any other brand of MD? Thanks!
Tesoros, Whites and Garretts I know of...

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Wow! I wish the hell we had the backbone to make them pay for all these fakes they're flooding the market with.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! I wish the hell we had the backbone to make them pay for all these fakes they're flooding the market with.

Yeah, pay back the debt we owe in counterfeit Yuan! That might take some of the Yin out of their' Yang and force them to finally do something about all of the Counterfeiters in China as well as the counterfeit items coming out of there.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread