Whites Quantum Xt

aladdin

Mar 1, 2007
This is something that i did as well to my QXT. The over all value is a few more controls as well as adjustments that can help balance out the unit. This MD suffers from a lot of bad press if you will " unstable" ! I have and continue to use mine with a good amt of success . Check a article by thomas hill on "Quantum Tips" for using the Quantum metal detectors it has been a big help for me. But the most important thing to remember is that the area you hunt play with your unit learn the controls and adjust the controls to your liking . I have used the 8" /5.3" /9.5" coil and find the 8" the best. It will ID coins well and I can pic coins out easily even around nails. Good luck the conversion is worth the money and the time!!

OP
OP
B

Bubby

Feb 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites V3
Thanks gottit- I did see that article by Thomas Hill on the Quantum.

I put an email into Whites about upgrading the software on the machine. The version thats on there now is 1.2 and I don't know what the lastest version is.

I already have a DFX and this will be a back up detector to use. It really is quite simple to operate compared to the DFX .

UPDATE
Whites did get back to me and said that is the latest version 1.2
I asked them if they could make it a Pro version and for about $100.00 they can replace the processor with a XLT Pro processor.

Question-is it worth the $100.00? What benefits from the XLT processor compared to Quantum XT version 1.2

By the way I got the Quantum XT for $40.00!

aladdin

Mar 1, 2007
Man! What a great buy/ convert that thing ASAP>> It is worth it !! Just learn that MD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And great diggin!!!!

N3GOV

Aug 10, 2007
I know this is an old thread, but I recently sent my Whites Quantum II back to Oregon to have it upgraded and I have a question. First, what I know! I know the Quantum II can be upgraded to a QXT Pro which is the same machine as the QXT, just a different decal, this is directly from Whites. Now I read in the third post here that it can be upgraded to and XLT processor? Steve Howard at Whites said that the highest upgrade to the Quantum II was to a QXT Pro, is this yet another upgrade after it becomes a Pro version, or am I confused?

I just wanted to make sure I have the highest upgrade possible while it's at Sweet Home! Sorry for digging up such an old thread..

GOV

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
Nope, QXT pro was the latest version. My software is version 1.2 which was the latest. Xlt is not the same, I think the other reply was mis-stated. Whites I'm sure will upgrade yours to v1.2. Good luck!!!
Greg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread