White's TDI SL strange behavior

Nov 12, 2019
Ft. Laud., FL
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: MINELAB EQUINOX 800 WITH ALL COILS. GARRETT SEA HUNTER II.

PREVIOUS: WHITES V3i; MINELAB EXPLORER II, MINELAB SD2100; JW FISHERS 8X; MINELAB EXCALIBUR 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don't know what's wrong with the detector? It seems that it won't stabilize even in the mild, South Florida dirt or sand. Moreover, air testing a gold ring with ground balancing off, the gain at the halfway point, and all conductors selected does not sound off regardless of how close the 18 karat gold ring is next to the coil. Coil connection is an obvious choice but it is not the issue, I checked. I tried different batteries, no difference. I tried different locations, at my house away from the beach, at the beach, at a different beach, all the same. The detector tends to completely wig out and will not detect even the largest Target such as the bolts holding up the stairs leading down to the beach.

Note, I can get the detector to sound off in the 18 karat gold ring If I turn on the ground balancing.

Again, regardless of whether the ground balancing is on or not there is no good position in the ground balancing setting, the pulse delay or anything else such as the frequency offset that gets the detector to calm down.

Test 1

Test 2

Any ideas? Thank you. Brittany.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have a coil cover ?
If so... is it clean inside ?

OP
OP
B
Nov 12, 2019
Ft. Laud., FL
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: MINELAB EQUINOX 800 WITH ALL COILS. GARRETT SEA HUNTER II.

PREVIOUS: WHITES V3i; MINELAB EXPLORER II, MINELAB SD2100; JW FISHERS 8X; MINELAB EXCALIBUR 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Do you have a coil cover ?
If so... is it clean inside ?
There is a coil cover, I've never tried to take it off but I will I didn't think of that and I know what you're talking about. To me, it seemed like it wouldn't come off but maybe I'm wrong. Thank you for your email. I hope you're correct. Happy holidays.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread