Whites V3i aftermarket manual

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last time I checked, you can log on to:

WhitesElectronics.com

Whites has a section on their website where you can download a full versions of their detector manuals in PDF format then print them out on your printer.

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The last time I checked, you can log on to:

WhitesElectronics.com

Whites has a section on their website where you can download a full versions of their detector manuals in PDF format then print them out on your printer.

Read every post on the forum, just looking for any new material. They also have a newer updated manual on the forum that explains in more detail the options. Even though there's all this info on the V3i there just so much more to learn and figure out.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I think this area is where Whites really screwed up with the V3i.

I mean, look, a less complicated French machine got superior support to its users via aftermarket manuals and classes.

I look at my manual that came with the V3i, lower my head and shake it, thinking this has to be one of the biggest failure in product manuals and user support ever.

And it's as if now it's deemed to late, because still to this day.... NOTHING!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah the manuals all suck for the V3i. There's an advanced manual someone made but you gotta learn the settings by trial and fire to really learn it.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will venture a bet if you owned a DFX and a copy of DDwtDFX the V series manual is all the reading needed.. that said, it is a shame there was no follow on to DDwtDFX for the V series for those who never owned a DFX.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah the manuals all suck for the V3i. There's an advanced manual someone made but you gotta learn the settings by trial and fire to really learn it.

I've studied every "manual" several times. I appreciate the effort each person put into the work.
I've spent countless hours reading spectra posts on many, many different forums. Spent countless hours searching for answers and stumbling upon it only after accidental keyword bingo. I am certain the time required could be shortened with a well written series of books for the spectra series. Maybe 2 or 3 volumes.

Instead we get mostly a user-generated patchwork cluster:censored: where wading through the BS is more effort than most people are willing to suffer.

Too much time to master due to inadequate, easily accessable information for intermediate and advanced users.

That said, yes, it's certainly trial by fire.

Few things worthwhile come easy. The V3i is the best example of that I own.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read everything I could get my hands on and every whites forum I could find and used suggested settings by the Deslyolefox but I found tweaking the pre programmed settings I had better luck than the complicated settings online. My V3i in my 2nd go to detector since I bought my E-Trac. Both have their advantages but the E[Trac suits my detecting better

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read everything I could get my hands on and every whites forum I could find and used suggested settings by the Deslyolefox but I found tweaking the pre programmed settings I had better luck than the complicated settings online. My V3i in my 2nd go to detector since I bought my E-Trac. Both have their advantages but the E[Trac suits my detecting better
The manual is a problem but the machine is awesome. I have read and continually read every post in the WHite's forum. It is a very complicated machine but through trial and error I have gotten really good with it. The secret is to not run it too hot. THe highest I can the RX gain is 7. Running mixed mode stereo is totally awesome. If you have any problems go to White's Spectra series forum and post your question it will be answered fast

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:
Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys and Gals...
First time in this forum, not sure what took me so long bet late is better than never.
Anyway here are a couple of links that may help out, I hope these are not old knowledge here.

V3i Advanced User's Guide

unfortunately, when we say "we read everything we could find" those links are just about all there is. other then forum posts.

V3i Advanced Posts "Book" - New - Version 2 - 65 pages

Like I said I hope this is a help and isn't redundant.

Happy hunting............

unfortunately, when we say "we read everything we could find" those links are just about all there is. other then forum posts.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry it wasn't more help..... I do realize that most of you have indeed covered every forum and article available out there, I just put those up just in case and for those who may have missed them along the way.
Your absolutely correct about the lack of ????? for the most complex machine on the market though...... But I still love my V and I have made some nice finds with it.

At the risk of being redundant I will post this link as well...... Links

Happy hunting everyone.....:thumbsup:

aj4g

Jul 30, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
v3i aftermarket manual

Hi Guys and Gals...
First time in this forum, not sure what took me so long but better late is better than never.
Anyway here are a couple of links that may help out, I hope these are not old knowledge here.

V3i Advanced User's Guide

V3i Advanced Posts "Book" - New - Version 2 - 65 pages

Like I said I hope this is a help and isn't redundant.

Happy hunting............

These links don't work, anyone have any good links to the v3i aftermarket manual

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread