CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking to invest into this scoop. How does the Titanium compare to the Stealth Hybrid 921x SS with a carbon handle in your opinion

48F04766-68D6-4C7A-95B6-CE041B592FE7.jpeg

Vs.

3C60BC3B-8885-489F-B9AA-1A66D9230922.jpeg

Thank you in advance to your wisdom.

Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I own the 720i Stealth with a carbon fiber handle. It’s very light weight if you have healthy shoulders. I’ve had two surgeries on both shoulders and have taken a long time to recover but I still want to detect.
I bought the Xtreme titanium with the carbon fiber travel handle to try and lighten it all up and found it to be an awesome scoop that allows me to have an extra hour out detecting before I call it a day.
In the extra last hour, at the beginning of the year, I found a $1700 Platinum Tiffany & Co. ring.
I know that the Xtreme Scoop is a little more $ than the Stealth but being able to stay out longer afforded me the prize.
I don’t have a hot rod, boat or an airplane but I have a great scoop that more than paid for itself cause I got lucky.

OP
OP
WaterScoop

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could have started detecting in the reverse order with a heavier scoop and .you would have still found your prize. Perspective is everything. I believe in quality tools however this xtreme titanium scoop is a little too xtreme on value vs other similar recovery tools. If you are rich I guess price is not an option however for.me it is too expensive. To pay for a scoop almost as much as a good detector is too much in my humble opinion.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted with 2 old friends that had wooden handles and the wood slowly got soft and worn from working in saltwater rocks
and both had them break - lucky i was with them and had back up scoops for them to use or day would
have been cut short for them

OP
OP
WaterScoop

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s what I love about this hobby Casper. The majority of Hunters help one another ... Good Karma it will come back to you.

Cheers

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I own the 720i Stealth with a carbon fiber handle. It’s very light weight if you have healthy shoulders. I’ve had two surgeries on both shoulders and have taken a long time to recover but I still want to detect.
I bought the Xtreme titanium with the carbon fiber travel handle to try and lighten it all up and found it to be an awesome scoop that allows me to have an extra hour out detecting before I call it a day.
In the extra last hour, at the beginning of the year, I found a $1700 Platinum Tiffany & Co. ring.
I know that the Xtreme Scoop is a little more $ than the Stealth but being able to stay out longer afforded me the prize.
I don’t have a hot rod, boat or an airplane but I have a great scoop that more than paid for itself cause I got lucky.

That's a beautiful VW bus. Is it yours Rusty Gold?

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
I have been water detecting since 1992 and until this year I have used the same scoop averaging over 400 hours/year since 1992. I had spent more on handles than the X3 costs until I added a stainless steel handle. Now that I am older and hair has turned gray and that I have found more treasure than I have spent on all of my detecting equipment including waders. Now it is time to spend my kids inheritance on something I will enjoy for years to come.

The following was posted a few days ago in answer to another question. In case you did not see it...

Funny you should ask...I just pulled the card out today and will have the X3 Titanium tomorrow.

I used the SS version (3lbs 5oz) for a week now weighing in heavier than the X3 Titanium does at 2.1lbs (both less handle). My current scoop weighs in at 8.1lbs. BIGGEST PLUS!
It removes sand unlike any other scoop I have used.
I will not need to tether it to my pouch belt as it floats, handle out of the water. This will even out my walking gate and lessen hip pain, so say my doctor.
I had to go with the 13" pointed scoop with the 5" top plate. Better for keeping targets in the scoop.
The 54" handle was 5" longer than my SS handle on my current scoop. A bit more cumbersome to pack/carry but much easier on the digging. If you are traveling the travel handle will fit the bill. Its connection has an 11 turn screw/nut configuration. Both shafts are made by Anderson. There is very, very little bending compared to other carbon fiber shafts I have pulled on and has a larger diameter than most.
95% of my detecting is in the surf, New England area, year round hard digging in the rocks.
The Shredder is more for the wet/dry sand and the X3 for the surf.
I had no problem with the textured carbon fiber handle. Some that wanted a different grip bought the blue handle cover, cut the closed end off and slid it onto the shaft into place just above the scoops mounting tube.

Points I will improve on: first is the placement of a marker of some kind, probably reflective tape, on the back side of the handle to help align the scoop when you can not see the scoop. Second is the toe pad I will have to train my foot to the smaller pad than my current scoop has. I you use the Motus grip, you may not need the tape. Third find some way of keeping my digging arm in shape as I will not be carrying the heavy scoop that does not float. Lastly, convince my wife of all the benefits are necessary for my health and wellbeing, which is priceless!

Yet to be seen, will it outlast my original scoop that I have had since 1992. It is made from heavier gauge SS than any scoop made today. I have had 2 new "bills" welded on to replace the worn down SS from digging in the rocks.

For the price the SS X3 would be a wise choice. For me, I can afford the Titanium and have talked about a Titanium scoop for over 25 years. No more talk. I've done it!
Let us know how you go.
P/S I just wanted to add that I average over 400 hours detecting salt and fresh water per year. I do have a smaller SS scoop I have been using in the fresh water, but with this purchase I doubt it will see much use in the near future.

OP
OP
WaterScoop

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to add that I average over 400 hours detecting salt and fresh water per year. I do have a smaller SS scoop I have been using in the fresh water, but with this purchase I doubt it will see much use in the near future.[/COLOR]

Go out to the beach work those waves and sand with your new Titanium beauty and find/get yourself a big ole ring to pay for your new tool!!! :)

Good luck and show us your first awesome find using your New scoop !

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
To much money for me. When the day comes I can't carry a 3+ pound scoop I doubt if one pound less is going to make a difference...the way I see it just part of my workout carrying that extra weight.. :)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With me, it's not whether I can carry it, but, how long I can carry it before I want to quit. At a washed out beach, it's not uncommon to dig 200-300 targets in one hunt. Adding a pound or two to each scoop can sure take it's toll on my old bod.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Either scoop stainless, or titanium being empty will feel the same weight in the water Everything is lighter in water. With the bucket full in water it will feel the same weight also. Hunting on the beach you will notice that extra pound or two difference digging in the wet sand

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More power to ya, looks like a great tool. I cant afford that or any new ones. Got a RTG PRO ALUMINUM 6" WATER SCOOP with SS Tip hardly used for about $100 shipped from a great guy in Texas! I carry it stuck thru my backpack straps to the water. Edge and rivets are like new after about 30 hours total use, and while in the water its light. Fresh water sand, muck and 2 inch and under river rock.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Paid for it before I bought it. And it has recovered more than the investment. But has not brought to the surface anything that my old scoop could not. However it has dug targets faster then my other scoops. My hobby has paid for itself many times over. And at 5 pounds lighter than my 1992 scoop, I will almost never go back. My walking gate in the water has improved and hip pain has lessened as I no longer drag the big anchor.
What I have found in the past month of use is that in very rough water it, being so light tends to move with the water when trying to place the tip before the first dig. Something I have to learn how to control. Second area is in totally rock covered beach area I will use another scoop as I have a piece of rebar welded in the point of the scoop to get a better perch faster. It acts more like a pry bar than a digging tool.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In over the 6 years of being a member of this website I have seen many a thread started about scoops which always seems to turn in a "weight debate"... which I sit in awe over because I cannot "relate"... For in the decades I have detected I have never once thought about the weight of any scoop I have owned... I and search my mind for an answer as to why this is... and only can honestly say I cannot answer it.

But will say I also cannot say the same about the detectors over my MD life.

All I can come up with is perhaps it may be because I started at such a young age that I developed "muscles"... or I am brain dead to scoop weight... perhaps its the rum (jk) ... anyway I don't get it.

IMO...it all has to do with what I call "the action" overall.

From experience I will tell you this... So many simple little factors of overall scoop design add up when combined.

You can have a scoop that lis lighter than a feather and wear your arse out quicker than a scoop like mine that weights shheesh I don't know 10 pounds all stainless.

1. any handle longer than 4 foot is more work on the user... just simple physics.

2. ANY scoop design that does not drop material fast enough through it will also tremendously add to "scoop fatigue".

3. scoop "drag" which is the "byproduct" of the scoop overall ability to slice / cut into and through the type of situations... this alone is the single most important factor in how a scoop will wear you down.

If you are not kicking your scoop... you are using your hands and arms to do most of that which is the hardest part... which leads to the scoop fatique

Last edited:

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Half way home you suddenly remember you forgot to put the scoop in the vehicle...................

terry g

May 9, 2009
In the Mediterranean on a yacht.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
2 x Excalibur ll, Excal 1000,
That's a lot of money for a scoop. I make my own s/s scoops and they are heavy.. Some of the commercial ones I have seen wouldn't last very long in the rocky areas I hunt in. I only use wooden handles and have only had one snap. The scoop I mainly use is about ten years old and has dug thousands of holes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread