Who has cabin fever?

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Any body else as bored as I am? Holy crap this winter wont stop. I want to get out and swing the detector or get to a place to find some gold......At the very least just hit a beach for a couple hours. I have decided to start building my own dredge and my own high banker just to pass the time. What are the rest of you doing to pass the time? (besides watching re-runs of gold fever and digging around in your Tom and Perrys 10 minutes of fun bag?)

Im gettin the shakes!!!!

Ian

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
THIS WINTER SUCKS!!!!!!! Just about ready to pull my hair out. Sooooooooooo,tired of the snow, wet, and cold. Of course the fact that I build swimming pools for a living doesnt help the situation any. Ive managed to get out 2or3 times a week but, pokin around in the mud with 4 layers of clothes on isnt the best detecting conditions!

kawalabear

Jun 24, 2008
eastern shore MD.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
yes stir crazy is the word ! we havent been able to go out to do anything fun. barly get to the store, we have a long driveway so we park down by the road and have to carry all the bags up to the house . i am sooooo done with snow. then my friend said the almanac said we could get another big snow in march. AAWWWWWWWW :o i cant take it any more :help:

B

BigDan

Research!!!

Plan for surviving cabin fever:

1. Go crazy. Done
2. Play in the yard with detector. Done
3. Attempt to dig holes in frozen yard. Done

On the other hand, I've spent time doing research on the ghost town. I've now got three locations where my wife's GGGGrand-Dad's general store was at in the 1860's. One of 'em has to be right.

I met an old guy who gave us the latest coordinates. From memory, and his own maps, so this time we should stand a chance.

You know, part of the fun of this hobby is meeting wonderful people. We sat and talked with our new friend for a couple hours. He's enlisted me to be his guest at the next meeting of his Civil War Roundtable group. He owns the sidearm that belonged to a criminal from the ghost town who was lynched in the 1860's..that was cool. We got to hold it. (My wife's GGGGranddad testified at the trial of this outlaws brother.) The old guy told us how the neighboring property was settled by the folks who owned the "Peach Orchard" of Gettysburg fame.

And, he got out an 1831 musket loader that the guy he bought his house from years ago just gave him 'cause he was tired of looking at it!

OP
OP
surfin

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
I know it must suck for you toby......I just moved my family from sunny South Florida (FT Meyers area) to Northern ice crusted MI. We really miss our POOL!!!!!
I take solice in the fact.......................wait I have found no solice in the fact its 3 degrees when I drive to work!!!!

Keep posting the winter ideas!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a Garret gta 400 been play with that, doing little test with it seeing how cloes money has to be before it stop picking them up. My White's surf master amphibais 2 beats it. it can seperate the money at about 2inches apart. The gta400 got to be about 4 inches apart or better before it will seperate them. the best discimanation by far is amphibias it beats my mxt at nocking out iron and brass.I bought the gta for the notch discrimination.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used to get it bad my first 5 years or so, but currently I find the Winter going too fast! I have things I have to get on track before digging arrives.

OP
OP
surfin

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
Well I unfortunatly caused some cabin fever......I sent my Pioneer EX to my Nephew right before winter and he went out and dug up a coin took it the coin shop and was able to buy a laptop out of the deal...........Now he is sitting staring out the window at frozen grounds in Mass.

I was so mad that he didnt take any pics or anything but really I was madd because I never found anything but a few dollars in clad with it but he has it for 20 minutes and stikes it in his own back yard!!!!!!!!

Oh well the Ace 250 will come thru for me soon! Im in a prime location that get to keep all to myself!!!! Im sure there is not only silver and relics where I am at but buttons and gold coins as well. So Im freaking out knowing there is more snow comming!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
surfin said:
Well I unfortunatly caused some cabin fever......I sent my Pioneer EX to my Nephew right before winter and he went out and dug up a coin took it the coin shop and was able to buy a laptop out of the deal...........Now he is sitting staring out the window at frozen grounds in Mass.

I was so mad that he didnt take any pics or anything but really I was madd because I never found anything but a few dollars in clad with it but he has it for 20 minutes and stikes it in his own back yard!!!!!!!!

Oh well the Ace 250 will come thru for me soon! Im in a prime location that get to keep all to myself!!!! Im sure there is not only silver and relics where I am at but buttons and gold coins as well. So Im freaking out knowing there is more snow comming!

So what type of coin? You must at least know that much.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This does seem to be a devilish little winter for sure, but at least Bigdan is planning for the spring thaw. We're expecting another Nor' Easter this week, but each storm only brings us one day closer to spring. It should all be over soon and put in the past within a month, so hang in there.

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
Bored? Cabin fever? Not here. I look forward to winter. Watching tv and spending hours on the computer are boring. I spend a lot of time in my darkroom printing photos that I took spring through autumn. I hike miles in the snow which is a perfect time for taking landscape photos. In between all that, I am busy making wood items to sell at craft shows. Winter doesn't last long enough for me.

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reading and rereading, about 400 treasure magazines,tends to make things worse though. Everytime the snow starts to seriously melt it snows again. Worthless El Nino! Kane 23

OP
OP
surfin

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
It was a beat to heck $10 gold coin. It didnt have a date.

Yes.......El Nino is to blame! Lets all blame El Nino!!!!

*******Get the tourches and pitch forks************

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasnt too bad for the first day or two of winter, but its wears on ya. Tons of rain here I will be able to get out on Sunday to a new site that I have been thinking of for a while now. Let the colonial gods shine down on me. :sunny:

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost enough snow has melted to go detecting again, but you guessed it! Another storm is moving in this afternoon. how lucky can a person get?...Kane 23

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I have cabin fever also. I am in the NW corner of Ohio. Is there anyone who would like to take a road trip on a week end. But I don't know how far we wold have to go to do any digging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions