Who has tried an OKM detector?

Allen78

Aug 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm looking for a 3D detector that can find deep targets in a field laden with trash. The Garret with Depth Multiplier cannot find my test target which I configured as best I can to conform to the family legend. So I don't think a conventional detector will do me much good. KellyCo. recommended OKM and I've looked at different models. But before I drop $5k on a detector, I want to make sure I'm getting more than battery powered smoke and mirrors. Has anyone used an evolution or other OKM model?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are no shortcuts, I recommend you consider something different. Kellyco sales reps are paid to sell you them, they know nothing about them.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You better chose Nokta Invenio. At least you will get what they advertise, and much less headache than you might get with OKM. Just my oppinion.

Another choice might be a pro PI such as Lorenz Deepmax, or any other pro machine. They will not lie abut performace of machine or scope of 3D software, do not expec miracles, though.

Do you know exactly why you would need such a detector for?

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Allen78

Aug 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the reply. I wish underground radar wasn't so expensive, or was a service easily contracted. I've reached out to a few geological organizations and utility companies who use it, but none of them responded.

OP
OP
A

Allen78

Aug 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@The Green Boy: I will investigate both the Invenio and the Deppmax. According the story that has circulated in my family for 3 generations, we're looking a target of gold coins buried in ceramic "crock" jars. I created a test target filled with coins, jewelry, and other precious metallic objects, but my Garret Treasure Hound with Depth Multiplier cannot pick it up. It hasn't been able to find much more than trash metal strewn across the old home place anyway. So I'm need a detector that can show things at depth, ignore junk metal--or at least allow me to discount any shallow targets as trash, and at least find my test target.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was not impressed with the Garrett 2-box setup. For a 2-box, the TM-808 was a better choice.

Any idea on quantity of coins or depth? Coin caches are difficult, I once buried 220 silver quarters (3 lbs) exactly 24" deep. No detector I tried could find them, and I tried a lot. But that was 12+ yrs ago.

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm looking for a 3D detector that can find deep targets in a field laden with trash. The Garret with Depth Multiplier cannot find my test target which I configured as best I can to conform to the family legend. So I don't think a conventional detector will do me much good. KellyCo. recommended OKM and I've looked at different models. But before I drop $5k on a detector, I want to make sure I'm getting more than battery powered smoke and mirrors. Has anyone used an evolution or other OKM model?
i know a guy who has use the okm, his name daniel vandervan, not sure if last name spelled right, i know him on FB, but i have a lot of experience on MD, what are you trying to pick up as a test target? dimensions and deep?

Sammy00

Greenie
Oct 29, 2021
I've never heard of a good find that was made by one of their detectors that a less expensive machine couldn't find. For what they want for their equipment, I'll let someone else be the guinea pig.

dvanommen

Greenie
Oct 27, 2021
East Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2A Pro
we're looking a target of gold coins buried in ceramic "crock" jars.
If your target is gold, would it be better to use one of the gold detectors on the market? I don't have experience with them or even with gold hunting at all, but I keep reading that gold, especially deep, is somewhat trickier to pick up than other targets. So having a detector that's been optimized for it would help, I would think.

If that's a good route to go down, I'd better let someone with more experience suggest a specific model. I know minelab, Garrett, and nokta all have gold models, but I couldn't say which is better!

Just don't use PI if it's there's a bunch of scrap metal around that you don't want to dig up!

Barbaros

Mar 29, 2022
i know a guy who has use the okm, his name daniel vandervan, not sure if last name spelled right, i know him on FB, but i have a lot of experience on MD, what are you trying to pick up as a test target? dimensions and deep?
Hi, Would you pls find me this guy who has really experience of OKM devices cz I'm user of this german brand device eXp 6000 pro plus, I bouth my device from OKM germanys shareholder in Antalya Turkey and I got even training but I need some tips and etc. İf you would let me know I'd like be glad. Thank you best regards

PRProspecting

Oct 12, 2023
I actually reached out to OKM recently to see if they would like to assist in locating an recovery of somthing in Arizona. What do you think their response way?

Almost

Apr 9, 2019
Great Wide Open
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually reached out to OKM recently to see if they would like to assist in locating an recovery of somthing in Arizona. What do you think their response way?
@We suggest that you purchase one of our detectors ...@ or something similar.

PRProspecting

Oct 12, 2023
@We suggest that you purchase one of our detectors ...@ or something similar.
Yep that's pretty much it. I literally was offering them the ability to prove their tech worked to show everyone they should be considered a trusted name like Minelab, Fisher, Garrett, an Whites. To be honest I'm alittle dissapointed

Almost

Apr 9, 2019
Great Wide Open
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep that's pretty much it. I literally was offering them the ability to prove their tech worked to show everyone they should be considered a trusted name like Minelab, Fisher, Garrett, an Whites. To be honest I'm alittle dissapointed
If they failed to meet your standard of trust, then no progress has been made by either party. It's a huge stretch to think someone will lay out 5 Grand for a machine without first establishing a trustworthy case for doing so. Best of luck in your endeavours.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was not impressed with the Garrett 2-box setup. For a 2-box, the TM-808 was a better choice.

Any idea on quantity of coins or depth? Coin caches are difficult, I once buried 220 silver quarters (3 lbs) exactly 24" deep. No detector I tried could find them, and I tried a lot. But that was 12+ yrs ago.
Did you ever find them ?

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ever find them ?
Not with a detector. When I moved out west I dug them up, that was 16 years ago. I should re-bury them and test with newer models.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread