Who here could you trust with a secret?

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:laughing7:Too late. I was in Sante Fe yesterday and got it. Want proof? Put money in an escrow account, and I'll show you. :headbang:

RvPrepper

Feb 9, 2013
Deming,NM
Detector(s) used
White's V3i Had a Fisher as a kid but can't recall which one. Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually I am the perfect choice since I have no friends( see profile ), I lie to myself all he time, and I only tell my self what I need to know and only when I need to know it. AND I live in New Mexico.

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed that all the members making comments about trusting cops, or priests, fly the same flag? So it's probably a cultural thing.
In Canada, we know we have our bad apples to (we just caught 10 cops on tape). But generally we are happy to have a cop or a priest on our side.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff-Gordon you got your luck in the same place I did lol!!! I KNOW exactly what you mean!

Bloodline, you may be a totally honest person, but how would we verify that. I am not questioning your character or that you know where the box is, just look at it from this side.

First up I am having a hard time trusting Fenn. Why would he do that, and for the reason he gave makes no sense to me jmho. For the kids? So a family that is poor can spend time and money they don't have looking for something they may not find, and what's up with the "I want to see sweaty bodies looking for my box" comment. I can think of better ways to motivate kids to get out and enjoy nature for their health, like take one MD'ing with you and show them what's out there to be found.
If this offends anyone I apologize (moderators), it's not my intent just trying to sort it out.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I noticed that all the members making comments about trusting cops, or priests, fly the same flag? So it's probably a cultural thing.
In Canada, we know we have our bad apples to (we just caught 10 cops on tape). But generally we are happy to have a cop or a priest on our side.

then ya got that cool mayor in toronto ( he's really helping your image)

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll go if it's on legal grounds and you pay my basic travel expenses (flight and hotel) up front. If I find the box I will not only split it with you 50/50 but I will also reimburse you 50% of the travel expenses. If nothing is there then you are out some cash and I am out some time. How's that song go?.. "If you got the money honey..."? Or maybe the saying: "Put your money where your mouth is"? Or maybe if you have no time OR money you should just wait and save (and pray no one finds it) until you have enough of both to go get it yourself.

How about this.

You pay DiggetyDog's way AND my way. I can watch him, he can watch me. That way there are two of us. (do you really need to be reimbursed the travel if we find it, it's worth up to 3 million or MORE?)

So, send the ticket, reserve the hotel rooms and and pay for a rental pick-up truck. I can leave tomorrow.

YOU are about to be a VERY RICH MAN!

hunnerd.gif

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Whats wrong with sharing? ~ anyone?

There is nothing wrong with sharing. I had a partner that worked with me on a verifiable story of a cache worth millions. We spent over a year trying to get permission to hunt it. My partner died just before I got permission. The clues were markings on trees. After searching two days and not finding one mark, I checked back with the land owner and found that the place had been logger off 10 years prior. I did find 2 big holes under a huge stone, so i assumed it had been found years before. Now here's the thing. If I had found it half of our end would have gone to his wife.
What is different here is the stories are wild goose chases. A knife and some pages buried 6' down? A cache box location described by a, vague at best poem? Only Fenn profits from this one. He is on his second book, probably planning the third. Do you honestly think he would want something found that would stop his books story line? You appear to be new at this game. It is not as easy as it first appears. Frank...
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bloodline --- What happened with the Booth Stuff In Ohio ? Again if you now looking in NM you need to get to the NM sub Forum and contact those members out there

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
I'm only looking for a partner concerning the "Thrill of the Chase" Treasure Hunt.

It is the ONLY topic I wish to discuss.

I can prove to any potential partner I have discovered the boxes location. Why don't I do it? Job, moving and other responsibilities to people I care about are my hindrances at the moment, that and I don't want to wait any longer to get it, before I find time to do it myself. I only get 5 vacation days this year. I just used 4 of them (last one this monday) to move some where else. So that only leaves me 1 vacation day left, which if I don't find someone I'll end up looking for a cover on a sat and sun would be off and mon. would be my last vacation day- this of course would be in the future, like I said if I don't find someone. So thats kinda my dilemma concerning why I can't do it at the moment. Yes I'm sure of my location concerning where the box is, but I just can't risk everything to do it.-ya call me stupid or chicken, but I'd lose everything if I was wrong. So sure there's always a risk, but I believe If I should someone who lived closer than I, they could do it for me/us. ..and I believe what I found will convince a partner.

So I'm asking now politely, if your reading this... who do you feel that you know of in this forum to be a person of integrity and honesty?

If you would, please just type their name and if I pick this person because of your initial recommendation (before someone else recommends them) I will give you something from my portion of it, because I picked who you picked for their honesty and integrity.

So help me find someone who you believe to be a honest person...?

~ I'll split this find 50/50 (minus a portion from my cut to the person who recommended my "honest partner").

I would be happy to address questions concerning this, but not so, addressing the thread I first posted- (I will say this ... you've no idea how it feels knowing where something is buried a few miles from you ..you can't touch and then knowing where something is hidden many states away you can't reach :BangHead:)

I'll delete and leave if this turns out to be a new place for hate to breed.

I'll tell you this much about what I found concerning the chest/box.

It's in New Mexico a little north of Sante Fe. If you do recommend someone- I would imagine the closer the better to this location.

They say (those who are doing this hunt), that there is a keyword, that leads right to it. They were right.

The problem here is your first paragraph... " I can prove" and then " if I'm wrong" that doesn't quite get it done Bloodline. KNOWING IS KNOWING not guessing. I have asked as many others have if a man knows where it lays hidden what would stop you from getting it. For me absolutely nothing!!! Life comes to a screeching halt while I get the millions of dollars in gold and gems. Job,pffffff... family, they understand. I wouldn't trust anyone......PERIOD.

OP
OP
B

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff-Gordon you got your luck in the same place I did lol!!! I KNOW exactly what you mean!

Bloodline, you may be a totally honest person, but how would we verify that. I am not questioning your character or that you know where the box is, just look at it from this side.

First up I am having a hard time trusting Fenn. Why would he do that, and for the reason he gave makes no sense to me jmho. For the kids? So a family that is poor can spend time and money they don't have looking for something they may not find, and what's up with the "I want to see sweaty bodies looking for my box" comment. I can think of better ways to motivate kids to get out and enjoy nature for their health, like take one MD'ing with you and show them what's out there to be found.
If this offends anyone I apologize (moderators), it's not my intent just trying to sort it out.

Concerning me - I understand.

Concerning Fenn - I believe He hid what He said. I don't believe the reason He said He did it- I believed He lied 100% concerning that.

Thank you for your comment

OP
OP
B

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bloodline --- What happened with the Booth Stuff In Ohio ? Again if you now looking in NM you need to get to the NM sub Forum and contact those members out there

"...Booth Stuff..." - I guess I'll have to wait till my oysters grow bigger or I think of something else or I find someone to agree to a escrow account- I've told the truth how I feel about all this. I'm sorry I can't go into the specifics, but it's important to me that you believe me, I didn't lie and it's not a scam or anything of that nature. I really did find a source that clearly points to a exact location and it went into great details for me to reach that location. I learned many things along my journey concerning all of this. Just know- I did tell the truth.

Q

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bloodline I have NEVER said you were not telling the Truth or your were Not Honest , either on this thread or the previous thread about Booth I have only asked meaningful questions or provided my advice on how to best use the forum to focus your attempts to the proper people

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I can't find this thread, please fill me in, I'm in Ohio and currently unemployed
Short version.. He wanted someone to put up an undisclosed amount of money to be put into an escrow account for an undisclosed reason. Then he and that person were to sneak onto private property in the middle of the night, dig a 6' deep hole, and recover a national treasure that also somehow is tied to the Vatican for, wait for it... an undisclosed reason... Then a priceless religious artifact was to be broken up and sold for scrap. You in ? When he couldn't catch a fish with that story he got pissy, deleted the whole thing, and said he was never coming back.. And here he is a couple days later with a new tall tale.. :laughing7: Guys if I've missed any "important" details I apologise. It's hard to think while laughing my ass off.. 73dguard this might actually be the perfect opportunity for you. You're unemployed ? What the OP is asking for was extremely illegal and I hear you get 3 squares a day and a warm place to sleep in prison. Tune in next week for Chapter 3-- Jimmy Hoffa is alive and working in a car wash in New Jersey.

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Where's my plane ticket?

I'm ready to go get this treasure.

MONEY2.gif

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
There's a place in New Mexico along a road and less then a quarter mile off of it is a box. I'm only looking for someone to share it with, if they are honest enough.

There is nothing illegal about the location and its not that far of a walk. All I ask for is half. ~ am I asking to much?

(and concerning my thread I abandoned- Just because something sounds incredible doesn't mean its a lie or deception. Giving someone the benefit of the doubt is a saying, that was intended for such circumstances. I was upfront about anything I said in that thread I am not a liar or deceiver, nor a ass like some here).

Forget it .. I already found the box and it was empty.

backwoods tracker

Jan 2, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forget it .. I already found the box and it was empty.

creskol , it should not have been empty. I left a couple of horse shoes in it as a signal that I had already taken the three mil. Hmm, I bet somebody stole the horse shoes.

RvPrepper

Feb 9, 2013
Deming,NM
Detector(s) used
White's V3i Had a Fisher as a kid but can't recall which one. Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well guess he doesn't want me since I haven't heard from him , :BangHead:I forgot to mention I am a pro at Trespassing, every day when I come home my wife yells out the door ( Hey I told you you aren't welcome here anymore and that I am trespassing ) So why haven't I been hired for the Job?:hello2::BangHead:

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's an old saying, "Three can keep a secret only if two of them are dead" That is so true. Whether you have a great honey hole or make a great find especially with our activity, it is best to keep those things to yourself since once you tell 1 or 2 people, it won't be a secret for long. I can't even tell a family member anything private since they will blab it around to other members of the family in a heartbeat. Keep that in mind!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread