Who New that a Doritos Bag would Kill my Dog.

tcrew

Greenie
Oct 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After fighting against it for YEARS I allowed my wife and children to talk me into getting a dog. She was a shelter dog, approximately 2 years old and I initially insisted that we crate her when we weren't home. I didn't want to come home to find the house torn apart.

Anyway, she did NOT adjust to crate life, even though we had a pretty big one. I finally relented and allowed her to roam the house freely when we were not at home. BUT... we have always been cognizant that we needed to "dog proof" the house as much as we could.

The good news is, she is an unbelievably well behaved dog. No chewed furniture, no "accidents". The bad news is that once, we left the basement door open and she got into the chicken bones in the trash down there.

She was okay and we are lucky that she didn't suffer any ill effects from that experience but if she had I wouldn't have blamed Colonel Sanders, or suggested that he put a "warning label" on the bucket of chicken I bought. It's called personal responsibility.

Again, Goldeneagle suffered a terrible loss. I grieve for his family. But I don't blame Frito-Lay (or any other snack manufacturer) for the tragedy. Neither should anyone else.

Doe anyone seriously believe snack manufacturers should warn consumers that placing the snack bag over your (or your pet's) head may cause death??

Last edited:

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any warning is better than None...Just saving one other pet and it's a success, but the bag perforation is a better idea. I can't believe some of the replies, the man loses a pet and he get's ridiculed for trying to prevent, some one else losing one. Carry on with your campaign GoldenEagle .

SS

If the bag had holes in it, how would the chips stay fresh?

tcrew

Greenie
Oct 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the bag had holes in it, how would the chips stay fresh?

RTT. (Read The Thread) Post 33 already addressed this in detail. It was corroborated at some point. By me, of course.

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RTT. (Read The Thread) Post 33 already addressed this in detail. It was corroborated at some point. By me, of course.

Sorry, i reply to the post as i read them.

I read this post after i replied to your PM.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so sorry for your loss! Since we are not perfect, accidents happen...that's why we call them accidents!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..So where did the OP go?....it seems like alot of people are starting threads and never coming back to them

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
and what could do any harm by putting a simple warning logo on the bag, it's not as if they can't afford it.

Under that theory you need to add a multitude of additional warning labels as well,

'Do not use as a hat in a lightning storm'
'Do not use as a lifesaving flotation device'
'Do not use as a diaper liner on infants'
'Not for use as a leak stopper'
'Do not allow to blow down the street'
'Not for use as an electrical insulator'

Somewhere here we have to stop with all the warning's and hold people accountable for being smarter than a plastic bag or not trying to blow dry their hair while in the bath tub.

Yes, we are all sorry for the loss of his pet. I truly love mine. But I have ALL the responsibility for my pet's safety. Nobody else does.

I just have to be smarter than the sharp edge of a can of tuna fish...

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Under that theory you need to add a multitude of additional warning labels as well,

'Do not use as a hat in a lightning storm'
'Do not use as a lifesaving flotation device'
'Do not use as a diaper liner on infants'
'Not for use as a leak stopper'
'Do not allow to blow down the street'
'Not for use as an electrical insulator'

Somewhere here we have to stop with all the warning's and hold people accountable for being smarter than a plastic bag or not trying to blow dry their hair while in the bath tub.

Yes, we are all sorry for the loss of his pet. I truly love mine. But I have ALL the responsibility for my pet's safety. Nobody else does.

I just have to be smarter than the sharp edge of a can of tuna fish...
Most bags have a toddler warning about suffocation on them, it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist like yourself to add pets to it.

SS

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Most bags have a toddler warning about suffocation on them, it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist like yourself to add pets to it.

SS

...and neither one of them can read.

It's still the adult's responsibility.

And what about all the foreign languages, we have a lot of visitors here ya know. And they all don't read english.

Point being~ where does it end?

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and neither one of them can read.

It's still the adult's responsibility.

And what about all the foreign languages, we have a lot of visitors here ya know. And they all don't read english.

Point being~ where does it end?
But the warning is there for toddlers so why not add pets to it, you are then warning the person who buys it, to be responsible. It's like saying out of sight, out of mind.

SS

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point SS! Its one of those things most of us would not think of...
I also am surprised at some of the posts...to those that are so judgemental, just think how you would feel if it were your beloved pet..it could happen to any of us!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point SS! Its one of those things most of us would not think of...
I also am surprised at some of the posts...to those that are so judgemental, just think how you would feel if it were your beloved pet..it could happen to any of us!

Pets become part of the family and when they go before there time, the affects can be more devastating, then if it had a good innings. I lost me best buddy this way.

SS

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But the warning is there for toddlers so why not add pets to it, you are then warning the person who buys it, to be responsible. It's like saying out of sight, out of mind.

SS

I do understand what you are saying...But its a DORITOS BAG....And im still confused how the dog wouldnt be able to get a bog off its face...its not like they are the cheap Walmart bags..or bags that Ice comes in...its a dorritos bag.

I personally think the OWNER of this dog was responable for keeping an eye on his dog...LIke i mentioned before...CARS Kill more animals then Plastic bags.

Its a lost cause what he is going after...The reason they have warnings on Buckets, Etc for children, is because they are not Animals...I know everyone loves thier animals...but they are Noway comparable to a child

A child is part of your life for the rest of your life, You are conditioned to Raise and teach your children to grow into Good hearted adults....A dog is there for your campainonship, and to keep people from being lonely.

Im tired of seeing people say there is no difference between a child and a dog

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe some people have not had children so this is their child....
Just think how you would feel if this happened to your animal..how guilty you would feel..then you post on a thread and people make it worse! Jeez!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe some people have not had children so this is their child....
Just think how you would feel if this happened to your animal..how guilty you would feel..then you post on a thread and people make it worse! Jeez!

I have had many animals die...Being an ADULT, I understand this is part of life...and I have had animals die to somethign i could have prevented...yes, i felt bad about the situation. But i wasnt out campaigning on how to prevent it.

Its simple...To Prevent this....KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR ANIMALS ...DONT LEAVE ITEMS AROUND THAT AN ANIMAL CAN CHOKE ON.

STOP BLAMING DORRITO BAGS FOR YOUR DOGS DEATH

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My take on it is different. ..I personally would not have expected that to happen and I think this person wanted to find a way to warn people...good for them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread