cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tap the screen, then tap into the reject tray. Thank you for using CoinStar! :laughing7:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The answer doesn't make sense. They're making an assumption that the rejects in the tray came from the last user. That isn't always going to be the case.

And as far as using the machine before checking the reject tray...

I have to let Coinstar take a percentage of my pocket change for the privilege to check in the reject slot? No thanks.

They may also be playing a kind of word game. It's a big company, someone writes you with that question, you have know idea where they are headed with the response or how they are going to use it(just like this thread). They had to come up with something in response, "Value the customer" and keep the response seem "right" or fair.

Like they actually give a crap who takes the rejects. But it may not be a good move for them to use that as a response.:laughing7: I'll translate their response to you....."who cares, why are you even asking us? Just use our machine and take the rejects as a bonus.":laughing7: If you were the guy on the other end how would you respond to that question? Sounds stupid but they kind of have to watch what they say. The person that got that Email had to think" oh geez, another one of these questions, How do I word this?" or they may get it so often they just have it on the wall above the desk. :laughing7: And believe it or not a question that simple may have been passed to company attorney or a meeting over it.:laughing7:

I think they gave a great response. And it's cool that the OP shared it with us.

Last edited:

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let's see now......Yes, I think I'll look for the rightful owner of the coins just like OJ is looking for the "Real Killers".

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used to work for a supermarket with a CS and they didn't care what was in the reject tray, just that the machine was working. I used to scoop out contents every hour and mgmt paid no mind. Willing to bet lots of ultra busy stores probably feel the same.

Jstplyn2

Jun 4, 2023
“Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail. To answer your question, the coins that are left in the reject slot belong to the last customer that used the kiosk and in the event of finding them, the store personnel should be informed, and coins should be left with them.

Thank you,

Coinstar Customer Service
800-928-2274
www.coinstar.com
Reference # 8001951990″
You are so wrong with that theory. So wrong. I was approached by a Walmart employee that I was not to suppose to take left over coins out of the reject bin. I asked for the manager who agreed and said she had informed the employees that no one is too take coins "There not mine" she said. I told her then she better station someone outside by the Coke and Pepsi machine so people that find change in the reject tray that they can't take them. Same (rule violation) thing. Change left at a Coin Star or pop machine by a customer is fair game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jstplyn2

Jun 4, 2023
Here is my theory on the Coin Star change left in the machines reject. It's the same thing as if you were to go to a pop machine and find change left by the previous customer. It's your to keep, regardless if it is a Coin Star machine or pop machine.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When they did away with payphones... many lost an outlet to free beer money.
When they added coinstar's ... it balanced out the natural order of things once again.

Hip hip hooray for the possible free beer money living again ! ! !

Ahem....... Um........ i think i read somewhere there is a movement that all free beer money shall be free until owned by persons who find it... then it shall only be owned until spent promptly on beer.

:P

xracer550

Oct 31, 2012
Palmdale , CA
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I once tried to cash in a bunch of aluminum cans but I put them in my "Waste management" recycling barrel for transport , The guy said he cannot remove them anything in the barrel is now property of Waste management so I went home & put them in a large box & got my Beer money !

Reactions: ARC

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When they did away with payphones... many lost an outlet to free beer money.
When they added coinstar's ... it balanced out the natural order of things once again.

Hip hip hooray for the possible free beer money living again ! ! !

Ahem....... Um........ i think i read somewhere there is a movement that all free beer money shall be free until owned by persons who find it... then it shall only be owned until spent promptly on beer.

:P
So let's get this straight.

Reject tray money is for beer .
Now if this cycle is to to be completed, it only appropriate to return the rejected fluid that the beer produced.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So let's get this straight.

Reject tray money is for beer .
Now if this cycle is to to be completed, it only appropriate to return the rejected fluid that the beer produced.
Well... it is already written... at least in my book...
that said such fluid shall not be confused with beer... ever.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scream.gif

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I used the machine to lean against whilst I retrieved the rebate!
I was the last customer to "use" the machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions