Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Scott.

I am an old "land lubber" Relic Hunter with 20 years of experience with detectors and research but nothing in the water. I am located about 3 hours drive time from you and will probably be here till I retire in 6 more years. How much lead time do you need for a visit and how can I contact you via land line or other means? I did some Scuba way back in the 1970's but nothing since. Any training prerequisites for use of the Hookah?

Hope the maint. work on the boat goes well.

Thanks in advance and good to see that some folks still live the dream.

DaChief

Here is a pic of me and my baby boy!

Attachments

• Dad and Chris .JPG
    Dad and Chris .JPG
    37 KB · Views: 835
OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Dachief
Are you really the chief. lol. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. This time of year we never know how things will go. We get up in the morning and go look at the ocean to see if we can go. Vacavala was up this week and the weather did not cooperate. It always disappoints me when I can't show somebody what we do. But we take advantage of these times to fix things or try to learn to use the camera or something else useful. Here are some pictures I took with a camera stand. Still learning. What do you think?

Attachments

• Coinsitetest 033.jpg
    Coinsitetest 033.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 735
  • Coinsitetest 032.jpg
    Coinsitetest 032.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 732
  • Coinsitetest 029.jpg
    Coinsitetest 029.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 747
  • Coinsitetest 028.jpg
    Coinsitetest 028.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 743
  • Coinsitetest 027.jpg
    Coinsitetest 027.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 740
  • Coinsitetest 026.jpg
    Coinsitetest 026.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 760
  • Coinsitetest 025.jpg
    Coinsitetest 025.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 764
  • Coinsitetest 024.jpg
    Coinsitetest 024.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 742

tac512ltd

Aug 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark; Aquavision 2007
Scott, Scotty, Doug - Beautiful. Good Job! Tim

vacavala

Sep 13, 2007
Sebastian Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aqua
Seahunter,Doug,Scotty,
Thanks for having me, didn't dive but I sure did learn some things, call me when the H2O flattens out again. O and those coins above do look better in person, thanks again, hope to see you all soon.

the young one
Vacavala

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I am Da Chief. Been so for 20 years now. I still let my hair down when I'm not working though and enjoy a good adventure when it comes my way. 36 years in public service counting some time with Uncle Sam's Army as a Special Forces Soldier. My baby boy is just starting his career after a stint with the Army also. Looks like you are doing great with the photos and the finds. Well, I guess when I am down your way, I will try to stop by and see what you have going on. I have many years of experience with Civil War sites and research and recovery of artifacts of that nature. I started treasure hunting in 1989 and have written many articles over the years that have been published in Western Eastern Treasures Magazine. I am good at research and have a knack for having good instincts about locations on land. I know the water is different. I have spoken to Frogfoot Weller on occasion prior to moving down to Florida. He has some great insight to your type of work in that he worked so closely with Mel Fisher and others. I think it is great what you are doing and I hope you find what you are looking for sooner than later. That would be a good thing. Sounds like you are a great guy and hopefully you will be one of those that has good things come their way. Take care and I hope to get a chance to meet you soon.

stargrazer

Sep 28, 2007
Palm City, FL
Hi Seahunter,
I am new to this site and new to MDing but am not new to diving and I wanted to see if you needed any more help with your search. I am a PADI OWSI so I have enough training to be a proficient diver. I don't have much experience with treasure hunting but would love to learn. If you need a crew person or diver I am available during the week and on Sunday.
If you think I could be of help please let me know.

Thanks much,

Stargrazer
April

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
Stargrazer, welcome to the forum! hold on tight. b

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Stargazer
Welcome to Tnet. If the weather would cooperate you could come up and check out what we are doing. You are close enough so if it calms down you could get here before it goes bad again. At this time of year we can only wait and hope for a chance.
Seahunter

stargrazer

Sep 28, 2007
Palm City, FL
Hi Seahunter,
The weather is going to be bad all week it looks like. Seas 11-13' !! Thats pretty rough! We tried to go out yesterday but even then the seas where bad enough we couldn't set anchor. Had to give up. Bummer.

stargrazer

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got out Friday morning for a couple hours before it got rough, but only found fish and rocks.

Attachments

• 092807 003.jpg
    092807 003.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,759
  • 092807 006.jpg
    092807 006.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,761

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
yea i agree! i know why you find so many sinkers now! b

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
what is the green pipe running through the blow hole? thank you for your time. b

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pcolaboy said:
Good lookin' Snook you got there!

I was going to say the same thing!

Best-Mike

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Wheeler
Always looking for help. Unfortunately the seas are not cooperating now. This time of year you never know what the weather will do.
Seahunter

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scotty and Doug and myself came out today and started blowing holes, found one coin so far and hoping for more.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,859

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions