1RAGINCAJUN

Nov 29, 2008
Lafayette, La.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLO FELLOW TREASURE HUNTERS
I HAVE A FULLY PERMITTED SHIPWRECK IN JUPITER FLORIDA AND A COMPLETELY OUTFITTED 34FT TRAWLER WITH TWIN DIESELS AND BLOWERS AND MOST NESSECARY EQUIPMENT.
LOOKING FOR DIVERS OR DECKHANDS TO HELP. COULD ALSO USE SOMEONE TO RUN THE PROJECT. I AM ONLY AVAILABLE A COUPLE DAYS A WEEK SO I CAN NOT DO IT ALONE.
SEAHUNTER
Would love to help out just to get my feet wet, however I live in Louisiana. If yall ever come this way and need help, I will be there in a flash . Good luck !!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking about a comment I'd read, from a while back in 2020 (2021?). Did they up the price or cost per person working a lease contract for 1715 sites? Just curious what it would cost per head for a season.

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love to help out just to get my feet wet, however I live in Louisiana. If yall ever come this way and need help, I will be there in a flash . Good luck !!
I am budgeting up to $2000 for an underwater drone with up tp 300 feet of line. I need some feedback on which model would be best, and would it be of value in helping with the Jupitor wrecksite. In the back of my mind I am thinking Brother Jonathon, also, but dont tell anyone.

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JWI_OLIN_11_15-2022.jpeg

GUESS WHAT ???

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does that mean your lease is back or got expanded?

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my experience the Garrett Seahunter for about $750.00 is the best underwater machine. You have to learn how to use it and it has some quirks such as needing to be ground zeroed quite often , which can be done by waving it over your watch, but I have seen people find coins three feet deep in cracks with the loop turned sideways, which I always believed was impossible. My understanding was it had to be under the loop, but I have seen it myself. For underwater you get rid of the pole and just wear the detector on a dive belt and keep the loop in your hand that does not have the watch on it. If you start getting too much noise in the headphones run it over your watch and it will go silent again and listen for the slightest sounds if you want to find things really deep.

1RAGINCAJUN

Nov 29, 2008
Lafayette, La.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my experience the Garrett Seahunter for about $750.00 is the best underwater machine. You have to learn how to use it and it has some quirks such as needing to be ground zeroed quite often , which can be done by waving it over your watch, but I have seen people find coins three feet deep in cracks with the loop turned sideways, which I always believed was impossible. My understanding was it had to be under the loop, but I have seen it myself. For underwater you get rid of the pole and just wear the detector on a dive belt and keep the loop in your hand that does not have the watch on it. If you start getting too much noise in the headphones run it over your watch and it will go silent again and listen for the slightest sounds if you want to find things really deep.
Thx for the info, I will check it out. How deep is the wreck approximately, I'm trying to get a few more things together.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread