Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

It was a crazy weekend last weekend with some great finds made! Now that the finds are cleaned and photographed, and the video uploaded, I can tell y'all about the hunts!

The first day I joined up with shangalang to hit an old sweet site of ours. I ended up nabbing a sweet sweet counterfeit 8 Reales!

1B742E37-85E6-4165-B29C-84C0A9F3E86D.jpg

3ABDB3F3-3BA5-4778-89F2-1535AACD831C.jpg

I also got a nice 1840s "high neck" spur:

IMG_8002.jpeg

Also nabbed some relics, a V nickel, and an E. Ingrahm clock key. That day I drove by a spot where I had been researching trying to find a site. I decided to start the next day out there when I was fresh rather than roasting in the heat, so I went back and spent the rest of the day digging the first spot.

Next day I went to the new site (or at least where I thought it might be). First signal was a can. Second signal...was a half dime!!!

IMG_8015.jpeg

1839-O! Love those early seateds!!
As I kept pounding the site, I realized it wasn't the one I was looking for. Signs were wrong. Material recovered was wrong--but it did have melted lead and coins! Next coin was a second 1839 seated half dime (see below!), and then there was a lull during which I dug two flat buttons and a two piece button. I did squeak out a tiny silver Catholic medallion though!

IMG_8017.jpeg

IMG_8026.jpeg

Then I got a sweet beep and when I grabbed a clod to turn the mucky muddy mud over, ANOTHER seated was staring me in the face! It was an 1848 half dime!

IMG_8031.jpeg

At this point I took a break to photograph the first three seateds:

IMG_8052.jpeg

Then as soon as I jumped back in the field I got a great signal and out popped a FOURTH seated! This beat my personal record of three seated coins on a single hunt! 1850-O Seated Dime!!

IMG_8056.jpeg

IMG_8059 (1).jpeg

I hope you'll watch the video and subscribe to my channel on YouTube. There's a third day of hunting there, out scouting sites with my beautiful bride :) And there is a swarm of mosquitos, including one larger than Godzilla. Enjoy!
IMG_8068.jpeg

Cheers,

Buck

Upvote 44

dieselfool

Dec 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding! It is amazing that they are that nice coming out of a farm field. Fertilizer, etc. is very corrosive and will eat up almost any metal.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding! It is amazing that they are that nice coming out of a farm field. Fertilizer, etc. is very corrosive and will eat up almost any metal.
They are tarnished, but I usually use galvanic coupling to clean them. Was happy to have a date I haven’t had before in my dug coin collection (1850-O dime).

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

It was a crazy weekend last weekend with some great finds made! Now that the finds are cleaned and photographed, and the video uploaded, I can tell y'all about the hunts!
Very nice Congratulations and well said

The first day I joined up with shangalang to hit an old sweet site of ours. I ended up nabbing a sweet sweet counterfeit 8 Reales!

View attachment 1985548

View attachment 1985549

View attachment 1985550
Also nabbed some relics, a V nickel, and an E. Ingrahm clock key. That day I drove by a spot where I had been researching trying to find a site. I decided to start the next day out there when I was fresh rather than roasting in the heat, so I went back and spent the rest of the day digging the first spot.

Next day I went to the new site (or at least where I thought it might be). First signal was a can. Second signal...was a half dime!!!

View attachment 1985552

As I kept pounding the site, I realized it wasn't the one I was looking for. Signs were wrong. Material recovered was wrong--but it did have melted lead and coins! Next coin was a second 1839 seated half dime (see below!), and then there was a lull during which I dug two flat buttons and a two piece button. I did squeak out a tiny silver Catholic medallion though!

View attachment 1985553

View attachment 1985554

Then I got a sweet beep and when I grabbed a clod to turn the mucky muddy mud over, ANOTHER seated was staring me in the face! It was an 1848 half dime!

View attachment 1985555

View attachment 1985556
Then as soon as I jumped back in the field I got a great signal and out popped a FOURTH seated! This beat my personal record of three seated coins on a single hunt! 1850-O Seated Dime!!

View attachment 1985557
View attachment 1985558
I hope you'll watch the video and subscribe to my channel on YouTube. There's a third day of hunting there, out scouting sites with my beautiful bride :) And there is a swarm of mosquitos, including one larger than Godzilla. Enjoy!
View attachment 1985559

Cheers,

Buck

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

View attachment 1985548

View attachment 1985549

View attachment 1985550

View attachment 1985552

View attachment 1985553

View attachment 1985554

View attachment 1985555

View attachment 1985556

View attachment 1985557
View attachment 1985558
View attachment 1985559

Cheers,

Buck

Outstanding Hunt!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions