Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

It was a crazy weekend last weekend with some great finds made! Now that the finds are cleaned and photographed, and the video uploaded, I can tell y'all about the hunts!

The first day I joined up with shangalang to hit an old sweet site of ours. I ended up nabbing a sweet sweet counterfeit 8 Reales!

1B742E37-85E6-4165-B29C-84C0A9F3E86D.jpg

3ABDB3F3-3BA5-4778-89F2-1535AACD831C.jpg

I also got a nice 1840s "high neck" spur:

IMG_8002.jpeg

Also nabbed some relics, a V nickel, and an E. Ingrahm clock key. That day I drove by a spot where I had been researching trying to find a site. I decided to start the next day out there when I was fresh rather than roasting in the heat, so I went back and spent the rest of the day digging the first spot.

Next day I went to the new site (or at least where I thought it might be). First signal was a can. Second signal...was a half dime!!!

IMG_8015.jpeg

1839-O! Love those early seateds!!
As I kept pounding the site, I realized it wasn't the one I was looking for. Signs were wrong. Material recovered was wrong--but it did have melted lead and coins! Next coin was a second 1839 seated half dime (see below!), and then there was a lull during which I dug two flat buttons and a two piece button. I did squeak out a tiny silver Catholic medallion though!

IMG_8017.jpeg

IMG_8026.jpeg

Then I got a sweet beep and when I grabbed a clod to turn the mucky muddy mud over, ANOTHER seated was staring me in the face! It was an 1848 half dime!

IMG_8031.jpeg

At this point I took a break to photograph the first three seateds:

IMG_8052.jpeg

Then as soon as I jumped back in the field I got a great signal and out popped a FOURTH seated! This beat my personal record of three seated coins on a single hunt! 1850-O Seated Dime!!

IMG_8056.jpeg

IMG_8059 (1).jpeg

I hope you'll watch the video and subscribe to my channel on YouTube. There's a third day of hunting there, out scouting sites with my beautiful bride :) And there is a swarm of mosquitos, including one larger than Godzilla. Enjoy!
IMG_8068.jpeg

Cheers,

Buck

Upvote 44

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello All,

It was a crazy weekend last weekend with some great finds made! Now that the finds are cleaned and photographed, and the video uploaded, I can tell y'all about the hunts!

The first day I joined up with shangalang to hit an old sweet site of ours. I ended up nabbing a sweet sweet counterfeit 8 Reales!

View attachment 1985548

View attachment 1985549

View attachment 1985550
Also nabbed some relics, a V nickel, and an E. Ingrahm clock key. That day I drove by a spot where I had been researching trying to find a site. I decided to start the next day out there when I was fresh rather than roasting in the heat, so I went back and spent the rest of the day digging the first spot.

Next day I went to the new site (or at least where I thought it might be). First signal was a can. Second signal...was a half dime!!!

View attachment 1985552

As I kept pounding the site, I realized it wasn't the one I was looking for. Signs were wrong. Material recovered was wrong--but it did have melted lead and coins! Next coin was a second 1839 seated half dime (see below!), and then there was a lull during which I dug two flat buttons and a two piece button. I did squeak out a tiny silver Catholic medallion though!

View attachment 1985553

View attachment 1985554

Then I got a sweet beep and when I grabbed a clod to turn the mucky muddy mud over, ANOTHER seated was staring me in the face! It was an 1848 half dime!

View attachment 1985555

View attachment 1985556
Then as soon as I jumped back in the field I got a great signal and out popped a FOURTH seated! This beat my personal record of three seated coins on a single hunt! 1850-O Seated Dime!!

View attachment 1985557
View attachment 1985558
I hope you'll watch the video and subscribe to my channel on YouTube. There's a third day of hunting there, out scouting sites with my beautiful bride :) And there is a swarm of mosquitos, including one larger than Godzilla. Enjoy!
View attachment 1985559

Cheers,

Buck

incredible, big time gratz

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great hunt. Congratulations on the four SL coins! I have never found one, but I was with a friend when he uncovered a SL dime... it was pretty exciting just being there for the recovery!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very decent hunt 👏
The ratio of silver vs Coppers is a 180° from what I recover up here.
Must been some wealthy folks around your parts.

mope540

Jun 29, 2011
Yonder
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, X1 probe, SEF 8X6 coil.

AT Gold, 5X8 coil, Garrett PP

Equinox 800, 6" coil

Oldest coin to date...1829 large cent
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds!!! Love the 1839. That's my kind of hunt site too.
My only seateds are 3 dimes.. all were found at the same 1800's farm site

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great hunt. Congratulations on the four SL coins! I have never found one, but I was with a friend when he uncovered a SL dime... it was pretty exciting just being there for the recovery!
If you’re there when they’re being recovered then it won’t be long till you get one!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very decent hunt 👏
The ratio of silver vs Coppers is a 180° from what I recover up here.
Must been some wealthy folks around your parts.
Yes, I think we have one copper on the year, which is about average down here. I don’t think we have recovered more than a dozen large cents in 10 years digging Louisiana

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds!!! Love the 1839. That's my kind of hunt site too.
My only seateds are 3 dimes.. all were found at the same 1800's farm site
Wow! Great site to get all Dimes! Vast majority of what we dig is half dimes here.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All,

View attachment 1985548

View attachment 1985549

View attachment 1985550

View attachment 1985552

View attachment 1985553

View attachment 1985554

View attachment 1985555

View attachment 1985556

View attachment 1985557
View attachment 1985558
View attachment 1985559

Cheers,

Buck

Congrats sir. That’s an awesome hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread