Whos The Most Famous Person Youve Ever Met?

USERNAME IS VALID

Feb 27, 2016
Norcal
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II
XP DEUS
TESORO VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike Tyson, Rush Limbaugh, Max Baer, Reggie Jackson, Kenny Roberts, I caddied for Butch Baird senior golfer. That's about all I can remember. Oh yeah, does the Golden State Killer / East Area Rapist count? I was at the shop the day he bought the motorcycle they show in his driveway the day they arrested him and was giving him advice on what bike to buy. Glad I didn't steer him wrong.

Last edited:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Gordon Cooper, Astronaut. Met him when Roy Roush (treasurenet member RIP) received his PhD in Biblical Archaeology.

Don....

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy and I did tricep presses with Dee Snyder of Twisted Sister in a gym on Long Island. He invited us work in with him on the only machine available, and he's the nicest, most down-to-earth dude you'd ever want to meet.

T L Kott

Sep 20, 2021
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Considering my options at this time...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met Martin and Mantle in a restaurant in Lakeland, Fl. Dodgertown is in Lakeland. I got to throw out opening pitch once for minor league season opener.
Ted Kluszewski at a Reds game in Cincinnati. He was huge. Wore a sleeveless jersey because his biceps were so big.
A J Foyt in the paddock at the 12 Hrs at Sebring. An advertising guy was after me to sponsor the Tide NASCAR entry and took me schmoozing.
Orel and his family in Vero.
Traded a 67 big block with Bill Tower for a 68 327/350 hp roadster. Got to crawl under his $2M Gran Sport when he had them all in a barn in Plant City.
Sat with Sinbad for a few hours in a Clearwater establishment having to endure the awful task of judging a beauty contest for Playboy. Had to endure dancing with a current centerfold.
Is that 68 Vette a 4-Speed ? and do you still have it?

T L Kott

Sep 20, 2021
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Who's The Most Famous Person You've Ever Met?

I was stationed on the USS Shenandoah (AD-44) with his cousin! ;) (Does that count?) LOL

Met at the commissioning of one of the Navy's Finest Nuclear Subs at EB, Groton, Ct....the then VP George Bush (Poppa Bush), Adm Rickover (very long winded!) and was the duty driver that day for the then Sec of the Navy, John Lehman.

At one of my re-enlistments (was also the ships commissioning day), W. Graham Claytor Jr (former Sec of the Navy and heir in the railroad company. 1912-1994). He attended my re-enlistment!

While patrolling Shea Stadium back in high school as an Auxilary Police Woman, met in the same night, Soupy Sales and Robert Wagner (both of them signed my patrol book, which I still have!)...SUPER NICE GUYS!

Got a pic of Tony Danza's arshe...LOL! We were in NY in Nov 2004, just coming out of the hotel, who walks by, but Tony Danza, his wife and daughter. Before I realized who it was, he already walked past me...he looked right at me and smiled too! (swoon!)...so all I got was a pic of his arshe! LOL

Temptations ... still have my autographed T-Shirt and photo of us!

Dang, the name escapes me... The Shirelles, I think it was...the ones who sang the NAME GAME! Dang it...it was at a resturant in Long Island we where having dinner at...got a pic with them and autographs on a napkin! ;)

The Apollo Astronauts, think it was 1969...they were at the Channel 5 Office (NYC), which was across the street from my grandparents house...Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong. I think that is who it was...LOL... we were just kids and they (the adults) ignored us! But we got to see them anyways, even though no autographs or photos!

Pope John Paul at the Vatican. It was a special meeting with the Pope.

There are more, but having my CRS moment!
"Adm Rickover (very long winded!)" My Grand Uncle Marvin worked with Admiral Rickover developing our first Nuclear Navy. My Uncle Marvin died in 2020 at 99 years old and he made the nuclear missiles from 1956 up through the end of the Cold War for our Submarines.
I gathered from my Uncle Marvin that Admiral Rickover was not liked by very many people...(?)

T L Kott

Sep 20, 2021
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Who's The Most Famous Person You've Ever Met?

Aside from meeting Brett Farve and Ernie Banks, my most memorable encounter
was actually caddying for Jock Hutchinson and Chick Evans in the late 1960's at
the Glen View Club near Chicago when I was a kid.

For the record, Jock Hutchinson won the 1920 PGA Championship and
1921 British Open; And Chick Evans won the U.S. Open and U.S. Amateur
Championship in 1916. . . both titles in the same year as an amateur.
(I wish I had a few Merc's from Denver back then :D).
My neighbor will be 98 years old this year. He started caddying at Latrobe when he was 7 years old.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that 68 Vette a 4-Speed ? and do you still have it?
Yes, 4 speed,( original shifter), L-79, with factory a/c, in Goodwood Green. Here at an autocross in Tampa and a glamor shot. Only thing I have left is the original owners manual. Forgot to give it to the buyer.
Gaylen's 68 in race.JPG
Gaylen's 68.JPG

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've met a few football players, Ickey Woods ,Lorenzo Neal, HOF player Ed White and some more from the Chargers from the 80's. A pitcher for the Astro's also can't remember his name and also some musicians we worked security for at the fair and also some comedians. Dang I miss my younger years working security, I hung with a lot of cool people that partied too hard and died way to young.

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't remember all the famous people I met, a short list would start with Bobby Ellsworth- overkill, peter steele- type-o negative, Hank Williams 3rd, hulk Hogan, gene wilder, I think I ran into Joan Jett, but was poop faced, etc, mayor's, governors. Most while I lived in Connecticut.

Last edited:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I met Hulk Hogan once back in the 80's in a gym that I belonged to in Stone Mountain, Ga. Super nice guy. (Long story), I'll spare you.

I used to do Living History of the CW. I belonged to the 30th Ga. Infantry Co. E, Army of Tennessee, CSA. We were in Olustee, Fla. doing the Battle of Olustee, Fla. This was back around 1984? They were filming the movie "Glory" about the black Union Regiment from Massachusetts starring Mathew Broderick and Morgan Freeman. They filmed several short battle scenes while we were down there for the reenactment. Morgan Freeman and the other actors portraying the Massachusetts regiment marched in one morning and formed around the monument joining all the other reenactors for morning colors. After colors, we were dismissed and I met and shook Mr. Morgan's hand. A great actor.

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, White DFX, Fisher F4, White V3i, Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who's The Most Famous Person You've Ever Met?

For me, I met Bob Dole in Lawrence, Kansas at a KU basketball game at Allen Field house.
Scott
My family and I met Lee majors at a convention about 6 years ago. My hero when i was a kid aka The 6 million dollar man. He was very cordial and polite, and commented I had a very nice family.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And,
To date,
I have met with my Congressman 3 times,
(Two different Congressmen.)
To discuss issues relating to the VA.
And the IRS.

By scheduling and meeting with Congressmen/Congresswomen,
One shows their passion is not just "Meeting Someone Famous,"
But works towards making life better for all!
Who is YOUR Representitive?
Do they know your name?
Do they know your passion?
What is your passion?
If you were to talk to your Representative, what would you discuss?

Scott

Let's be careful and not breach "Politics," Ok?
There is a thread for that, Dig?

I'll see ya there.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met Eddie Money and Dave Peverett back stage lol. Dam good time.
I never met Eddie or Dave, but attended a few concerts!

Hmmm...
Does Eddie have a "substance abuse" problem?
Your call...

I''d love to play along with Eddie....
(What substances are we talking about?)

I have partied with "Head East" backstage at "Jimmy's Jigger" on State Line Avenue in KC.
Must have been about the mid-late 80's......

Yes, Jagermeister was involved.....
LOTS of Jagermeister.....
NO DRUGS!
(Dammit!)

Thanks for your reply!
It brought back precious memories of long ago.....!

Like photos I took and song ideas that I had shared......
Yeah, I got screwed.....
They stole my photos and song ideas.
(See why I'm secretive.? I've learned....)

Must have been too much Jager......

Does this song remind you of anyone?
Or "Dick's Creek?"
Where I camp and hike?

Scott

Last edited:

CloudKicker0

Jul 16, 2022
Notorious Big. Planet Hollywood, Washington DC.
I was 16 years old at the time. I was 6’0, 225 and he was about 6’5, 395. I had just bought his new album so I recognized him. I went to shake his hand to meet him, and he pulled me in and gave me a mighty chest bump. I wasn’t ready for it, surprised almost lost my balance. He was nice and took time to talk and sign autograph. One of my funnest, favorite stories to tell

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread