diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All some people do is make rude, nasty and snide comments to others these days. It has become near commonplace on the internet.
The way I see it is, when someone lacks something inside their own self, they lash out at others to make themselves fell better about their own shortcomings. It gives them a sense of superiority, false and unrealistic as it may be.
I'll stick to my old M6 and have fun digging whatever I find. People just need to get over themselves these days. Don't bash others, lest you want to be bashed yourself. I prefer a face to face bashing personally. lol

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well....I have gone thru all the comments on this topic. Otis 2010, everything you said, I could not have said better. You sound like a fella I could detect with anytime anywhere. I agree, I do not care if you're using a Garret ACE 150 or a Minelab 3030, just learn what YOUR machine is trying to tell you and enjoy. When I have run into someone else detecting and we talk, they have sometimes said that detector is not as good as mine, and I tell them that they are all good, just learn what you have and have fun with it. We talk detecting, something of interest that we both share. Back to this topic, it somehow got to just what you pointed out to begin with. Seemed like Treasure Hunter, Calabash and even Terry needed a time out. Then it went to when and where someone served in the military, OK, all of you guys, and me and a few million others, good for us, has nothing to do with this topic, there is a whole Forum for that on T-Net. If that sounds harsh, was not meant to be, it's just a different topic. Otis 2010 was right, WHAT is with all the bashing. What the heck, I now declare myself the best metal detectorist that there has ever been. That's what I tell my wife anyway. Bash me for that if you must, words have no more power over me other than what I give them. Look, many guys out there have better detectors, and more knowledge about how to get every bit of Proformance out of them, of which many features are over my head anyway. I like the Treasure-Net for the stories, what has been found, and to learn some stuff, I've only been detecting for about 35 years, so there is a lot I don't know. I really have no interest as to who's ---- is bigger or who can --- farther. Whatever detector a person is using, you just cannot cover every square inch of plant earth. So, argue about who has the better detector, and who can detect deeper etc. etc. etc. I'll go detecting with Otis, and see who finds what, and enjoy swinging the coil. Great Post Otis 2010

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well....I have gone thru all the comments on this topic. Otis 2010, everything you said, I could not have said better. You sound like a fella I could detect with anytime anywhere. I agree, I do not care if you're using a Garret ACE 150 or a Minelab 3030, just learn what YOUR machine is trying to tell you and enjoy. When I have run into someone else detecting and we talk, they have sometimes said that detector is not as good as mine, and I tell them that they are all good, just learn what you have and have fun with it. We talk detecting, something of interest that we both share. Back to this topic, it somehow got to just what you pointed out to begin with. Seemed like Treasure Hunter, Calabash and even Terry needed a time out. Then it went to when and where someone served in the military, OK, all of you guys, and me and a few million others, good for us, has nothing to do with this topic, there is a whole Forum for that on T-Net. If that sounds harsh, was not meant to be, it's just a different topic. Otis 2010 was right, WHAT is with all the bashing. What the heck, I now declare myself the best metal detectorist that there has ever been. That's what I tell my wife anyway. Bash me for that if you must, words have no more power over me other than what I give them. Look, many guys out there have better detectors, and more knowledge about how to get every bit of Proformance out of them, of which many features are over my head anyway. I like the Treasure-Net for the stories, what has been found, and to learn some stuff, I've only been detecting for about 35 years, so there is a lot I don't know. I really have no interest as to who's ---- is bigger or who can --- farther. Whatever detector a person is using, you just cannot cover every square inch of plant earth. So, argue about who has the better detector, and who can detector deeper etc. etc. etc. I'll go detecting with Otis, and see who finds what, and enjoy swinging the coil. Great Post Otis 2010
I hear what you're saying.
Learning a machine takes time.
Folks are impatient and want it now.
There's no perfect magic wand out there it seems, though some are better than others.
Sniffing out a target from a well beat site is ok, regardless of what it was.
I have a bush site, it had not given me a non ferrous target in 3 visits.
So it's done in my books.
Went there today with the Deus ll and got 3 targets. 2 old headstones from 6"+.
This target locked on 72, it stayed there till I recovered it from over a foot.
Nothing great, but it impressed me for the day.
Small 2x4" lock plate.
20221127_124850.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread