Otis2010

Otis2010

Mar 4, 2022
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Nokta Makro, Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main reason I don't like the majority of youtube "professors" is because they actually know diddly about the detector they are promoting. They don't know the hardware platform used, and certainly zero about the software code running. They don't really know what the fancy software adjustments do. Most of them, if given all the engineering details of the machine they love, would still be clueless without significant electronics and programming experience.
In my opinion I think needing programming experience to understand a detector is irrelevant. It all comes down to practice makes perfect to me. The more you use a detector the more you’ll understand how it performs in different scenarios.

OP
OP
Otis2010

Otis2010

Mar 4, 2022
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Nokta Makro, Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I am sure MOST companies share that info with their users......So now you have to be a engineer to be a good Detectorist.....:laughing7:
I just wanted to say I hope you and your family had a good time on vacation. Find anything good?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Actually, I said, "..for me, personally, the XP Deus ll is a waste of money." Why? because it is too complicated, and WAY too expensive. It's cool and deep, but I just don't want the hassle of the "antenna" at the beach and all that. If I really need to go deep for relics or gold nuggets, I'll just whip out my Minelab GPZ 7000, and watch the Deus users fade into so five-minutes ago. :skullflag:
You're funny Terry :laughing7:
I'll just whip out my $8500 brag tag, and show the $1600 folks what it's all about.

uhfradarwill

Mar 20, 2022
Barre, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab:
Sovereign GT
Equinox

Tesoro:
Comparde
Yeah I am sure MOST companies share that info with their users......So now you have to be a engineer to be a good Detectorist.....:laughing7:
Not at all but if you are giving internet master classes and making bold statements, it would be nice to deliver factual information not speculative opinions.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not at all but if you are giving internet master classes and making bold statements, it would be nice to deliver factual information not speculative opinions.
So where was it speculative, give us examples.
Thanks

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The BOLD statements were made off head to head comparisons ....Dont believe me buy a Deus II and disprove them. I will be waiting...

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you kidding me ... Are you being serious? It takes about a hour comparing the Deus II to other detectors to figure out it contains a technology that makes it SUPERIOR to other brands....I might not know exactly what that tech is but I know its there BECAUSE I can see the results..Hold up its called FAST MULTI FREQ....

uhfradarwill

Mar 20, 2022
Barre, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab:
Sovereign GT
Equinox

Tesoro:
Comparde
The BOLD statements were made off head to head comparisons ....Dont believe me buy a Deus II and disprove them. I will be waiting...
Perhaps I missed your video of real world head to head, no test garden or open air BS. Can you point me to a video where there is a TRUE in the field head to head of the Deus II and the Nox?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Perhaps I missed your video of real world head to head, no test garden or open air BS. Can you point me to a video where there is a TRUE in the field head to head of the Deus II and the Nox?
I should have a few H to H vids this summer of the D2 and My Excalibur, in saltwater. I seen a few of the local hunters have taken the plunge and got D2's. I know the Excalibur is the Dinosaur but I still think I can have fun with the D2 boys, like I have with several others over the years.

InkedInkedSNAG-0000_LI.jpg

Last edited:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have a few H to H vids this summer of the D2 and My Excalibur, in saltwater. I seen a few of the local hunters have taken the plunge and got D2's. I know the Excalibur is the Dinosaur but I still think I can have fun with the D2 boys, like I have with several others over the years.

View attachment 2028775

I can't wait to see the videos of the EXCALL whipping the socks off the DEUS II on the gold in the salt water...I am gonna set a reminder to keep a eye off for your videos..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread