Why do you like the orx?

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am putting this up here to get the thread a jump start. It is way too hot to go out and dig right now for me. SO my detecting habit must turn to the internet forums to keep me occupied.

I like the simplicity, the light weight of the unit, the easy to set up and operate. It is a very top ranking machine on performance by far. I think it was the best detector I ever used. Sold all of my other units. Also have purchased the deus as well.

Now whether you think the same or not is fine.

But there is a reason why you purchased an ORX.

Maybe you was a deus user and went to an ORX.

Maybe it was your because you wanted a deus but did not like all of the options.

Anyways, just putting this up here to get the thread up and running. I think since we all went and begged for the ORX room we could at least put some topics up.

Would love to see everyones thoughts!

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the ORX because of its amazing performance in iron trash; everything else is an added bonus (light weight, easy to swing, simplicity, etc..). I also love how easy it is to change coils, and how great the MI6 pinpointer works with the ORX.

I bought the ORX and liked it so well that I then purchased a Deus.

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the ORX because of its amazing performance in iron trash; everything else is an added bonus (light weight, easy to swing, simplicity, etc..). I also love how easy it is to change coils, and how great the MI6 pinpointer works with the ORX.

I bought the ORX and liked it so well that I then purchased a Deus.

So, now that you have the Deus, are you still using the ORX, or does it sit more than not?

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been able to go hunting lately - the heat and various family obligations (visiting our son in CA and my father's health issues) have rendered my hunting time to zero. I was still using the ORX on occasion, but was spending more time trying to learn how to use the Deus.

I don't foresee the ORX losing all hunting time once I actually get time to start hunting a lot more, and am more experienced with the Deus - it's far too good to just sit on the rack.

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It goes about 50/50.

I like them both. I have been playing with the deus a lot trying to get used the full tones.

But am going to keep both. I like the gold program better on the ORX than the deus. Although I do not hunt for gold at the moment..it comes in handy for relic hunting too.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Love my ORX! Beats my AT pro in depth hands down! It can sniff out a pull tab on my beach way deeper than the Pro can find. I pulled out a mercury dime last month on the dry sand that I?ve been over many many times and I couldn?t believe the ORX hammered hard on it. I know the At pro had went over that spot but never made a peep.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For me it’s the ultra light portability and the speed and effectiveness in iron, choice of frequencies
Simplicity with excellent preset programs with simple setting changes only, the ability to
hunt intuitively and have a high confidence level about targets. I love the iron probability meter.
Coil selection is great-I have all but 11x13.
Had an equinox 600 but always preferred the Orx. I also
like the Deus Lite but not quite as much.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
For me it?s the ultra light portability and the speed and effectiveness in iron, choice of frequencies
Simplicity with excellent preset programs with simple setting changes only, the ability to
hunt intuitively and have a high confidence level about targets. I love the iron probability meter.

?that too! Lol

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me it’s the ultra light portability and the speed and effectiveness in iron, choice of frequencies

What kind of hunting do you do with the ORX? Coins/Jewelry in parks, school yards, etc., or Relics in fields and woods, etc.?

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My primary interest is in relic hunting, the earlier the better. I spend a lot of time searching the woods for homesites with or without cellar holes. The Orx serves me well in this environment. I use the 11” coil in fields and large open spaces. Does well enough in parks as well..
I use a Fisher f19 when I want a change of pace.

RussM

Oct 2, 2019
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
XP ORX

Garrett Carrot

XP MI6 Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the ORX mainly because I was curious about the Deus, and figured this would give me a taste of that without the hefty price tag. I enjoyed the ORX so much I figured the Deus must be even better, so I bit the bullet on the Deus. Here I am a little less than a year with the Deus, and I still like the ORX better. Simpler sometimes is better for me...I find myself spending too much time “tweaking and learning” the Deus rather than simply enjoying it like I do with the ORX.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought the ORX mainly as another option for gold prospecting. The huge frequency range, its ability to find targets in heavy mineralization, and lightweight are the reasons that this detector caught my eye. This detector excels at finding targets in heavy black sand-laden ground that you find in gold country.

Reactions: Yar

Suburban prospector

Tenderfoot
Jan 29, 2022
Everything mentioned above. Coming from a ETrac since they came out. All the tweaking and programming was fun. Now my detecting area and style has changed over the years. I’ve dug shoe boxes of silver coins over the years. Now I’m more interested in finding gold, jewelry, panning on claims, some relic hunting. I’ll post up finds and videos as I go.

Calarms

Greenie
Feb 4, 2022
Has anybody found it difficult to charge the high-frequency coils with the supply A-frame pin charger, it seems to be too narrow to over the coil easily without breaking, the standard coils are not as wide so it will fit over them without a problem, does XP make one specifically designed for the wider part of the HF coil's

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I now have both the x35 11 inch and the HF 9 elliptica. I haven’t had any issues. I know it only goes on one way.I don’t try to pinch/spread the charger on. I just wiggle and push until seated .

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anybody found it difficult to charge the high-frequency coils with the supply A-frame pin charger, it seems to be too narrow to over the coil easily without breaking, the standard coils are not as wide so it will fit over them without a problem, does XP make one specifically designed for the wider part of the HF coil's
I always take the coil cover off 1st and find the charger goes on much easier. I agree that is a problem with the charger though. I actually leave the coil cover off most of the time unless I'm going to be hunting somewhere rocky where the coil will be scratched up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread