Why have number of posts declined recently?

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this was mentioned in another thread as well, but I've noticed that the number of posts here have pretty much fallen off a cliff in the last couple weeks.

I'm speculating that it may because of one or a combination of these reasons:

A. Nobody is finding anything worth posting about.
B. Too many unknown new members/Old members are leaving.
C. Don't like the new site since it was changed over.
D. Since silver seems to be drying up, don't want to encourage new people from joining the search.

I'm not saying I support or believe in any of these, just that they may be possibilities. Anybody else feel the same way or have any other possibilities?

Upvote 0
M

mikusek

I hate this senseless new layout/format, I can't find a damned thing and I am not about to waste time looking. This site takes two to three times as long to load.... IF it loads the page I click, I don't have time for this.

I just checked back today to see if they had fixed this site so things can be found, but it is still out of whack. I already found two other forums where I can post my finds, silver, silver necklace, 1875-s 20 cent piece, 1911 V nickle, solid silver pin, clad, etc, and those sites are immensely easier to navigate and don't require erasing quotes of the previous poster to reply.

I only signed in today to reply to your post. If I could find something to click on to delete my account, I would. I deleted the avatar and all information and decided it doesn't matter if the account is deleted if I don't post. I will check back in a week to see improvements, I haven't seen any yet.

I liked the other format, this one I hate, and that is that, I don't own the site, nor do I run it, so all I have left to give is two-cents of opinion.

Last edited:

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
My finds have actually been quite good but I hate the new forum style. I don't think I will post too many finds but I will certainly reply to other topics.

looking4largecent

Dec 11, 2011
iowa
Detector(s) used
whites xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new site is too confusing. I hardly look at any posts. I spent an hour or so a day looking at everyones finds, before the change. Now I might spend 5 minutes a week on the site. I really don't like what they've done. In my opinion the change was for the worse.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I kept running into a brick wall trying to log in. Finally had to e-mail to get some help. (Plus I've not had much down time at work. )

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, the new layout puts a bit of confusion. The topics are taking more space on one page than before. I noticed that lately, there haven't been many posts of findings, especially with pictures. However, I posted a major topic today, concerning my finding lately. As always with pics, so enjoy, comment, give feedback and ask questions!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The people have spoken! Looks like you're question has been answered

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is bound to be a slow down in posts due to the new format, personally I believe it is just temporary, as the weather gets warmer and more people are out hunting the posts will pick up...

They are still working on the website trying to make it easier for all. One of the things I have mentioned is trying to make it easier to tell what has been read and what is new.... Treasurenet is not going away, I have been on all the Treasure Hunting websites, still belong them, this is still the best of them all......

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
I really like to new site. It is very well laid out, stylish, and easy to post replies to posts, etc. I think it is a great improvement.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
I really dislike the new site. It seems hellishly slow even though the computer I use is a Piece of C*** I believe in the old addage if it isnt broke dont fix it. The old site was much better also using GMT is not helping

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked forward to getting online and opening the old site, this new one, naaaaaaa

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really dislike the new site. It seems hellishly slow even though the computer I use is a Piece of C*** I believe in the old addage if it isnt broke dont fix it. The old site was much better also using GMT is not helping

Must be your pc or browser, the site is fast for me.....

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you all... the new format SUCKS. The best thing about the old format was that it was so quick and simple to find stuff and post. I could scroll down the newest posts and read them in seconds on my cell phone while waiting in line to dump my halves at the bank :)...even the pics would load almost instantly. Now it takes forever to download anything. I honestly was going to become a charter member this year because I have always LOVED this forum, but I doubt I will now. Hopefully the people who make the decisions are listening (HINT HINT). Bring back the old format and fire the guy who thought of this!

HH
BB

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mind the new layout besides it doesn't keep me logged in like the old one.

The slowdown in posts is because of several things, I'll just mention a few.
- We are our own worst enemies, its fine if you are in BF no where but I think all my posting definitely upped the competition in my area. I am just going to post my finds quarterly now unless i get a dream box.
- Harassment/Trolls i.e. people that think this forum needs drama to thrive.
- weather is getting nicer
- not as many finds to post
- reluctance to change. I don't think the new site is any faster or slower for me, etc, etc, but change brings discord for a time, it will pass.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
At the time of this posting, there were 12 members who were viewing the CRH'ing forum and 75 guests. It has led to more competition. 2 years ago, I would cull $30 face on a bad week. It is hard to get excited for others who are so proud of their 3 40%'ers. Also, like Treasure Hunter mentioned, the weather is getting nicer. I disagree with his premise that the posting will pick up. More likely that it will decrease as we have more things to do with our limited free time.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh I'm sure things will pick up. the flood of idiotic TV shows making people think they will get rich with a detector will make that happen. Of course they will be the WRONG type of people and will ruin it for those of us who do it for history and for the hunt, but hey, it was nice while it lasted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread