GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I know your pain ! About 20 years ago or so I went to New Mexico around mid state and we had our 4x4 ATV to ride around .My tires looked like cartoon tire's with all the needles stuck into the tiers ALL OF THEM ! Good thing I brought along my 12v. air compressor !!

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the video I don't think I would have climbed in that little hole

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know your pain ! About 20 years ago or so I went to New Mexico around mid state and we had our 4x4 ATV to ride around .My tires looked like cartoon tire's with all the needles stuck into the tiers ALL OF THEM ! Good thing I brought along my 12v. air compressor !!

I gather NM has a huge intravenous drug abuse problem.

OP
OP
CGC Miner

CGC Miner

Nov 18, 2010
High Rockies
Detector(s) used
GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That last tunnel was only about 3.5 feet tall and the bottom was covered in cholla.
Mt.Lions and bears are my biggest worry in Colorado.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The tunnel was cut to run a water pipe, it holds no mineral values that I am aware of, the bear can keep it.

Joanne

Aug 2, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mine exploring is certainly an exciting pastime with lots of interesting things to see. And also lots of dangers, both obvious and hidden. Here in the southern Nevada cactus needles are a given hazard and oh my they hurt. They often start infections as well. I have not experienced any large animals underground, but I've had incidents with rattlesnakes on multiple occasions. Once face to face while hanging from a rope about 75 feet from the surface.

In spite of the perils, I love to see these amazing demonstrations of underground industrial engineering. And considering that many were built around the turn of the century, it's even more amazing!

Joanne

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread