Wildman "Dent" Myers Has Passed Away .

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love Him or Despise Him ; he was a cool smart , history loving Man .

He will be missed , hope his historic shop in downtown Kennesaw Ga stays put But ???

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love Him or Despise Him ; he was a cool smart , history loving Man .

He will be missed , hope his historic shop in downtown Kennesaw Ga stays put But ???

Didn,t know him personally,but heard of him.I got a soft spot for anyone who bucks the system,may he rest in peace.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know him... maybe the guy who helped treasure hunters go find the stuff! RIP!!! :cross:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"Wildman" Dent Myers was just that. A lot of folks played him to be a fool, the media especially at times when they would do a story about his Civil War Shop. Dent was anything but a fool. He was a Historian who truly knew our History. He was the General in charge of all of the Georgia Re enacting regiments and troops from the mid to late 70's to the mid 1980's. I used to enjoy visiting his store in Kennesaw, Ga. back in the day. A unique individual who will be missed and never replaced. R.I.P. I have a few pic.'s of him in full regalia (Confetrit' Gen.'s uniform) on the field in Jonesboro, Ga. at our regiments (30th Ga. Infantry's) host battle re enactment of the Battle of Jonesboro back in the early 80's. If I come across this, I will post them.

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Wildman" Dent Myers was just that. A lot of folks played him to be a fool, the media especially at times when they would do a story about his Civil War Shop. Dent was anything but a fool. He was a Historian who truly knew our History. He was the General in charge of all of the Georgia Re enacting regiments and troops from the mid to late 70's to the mid 1980's. I used to enjoy visiting his store in Kennesaw, Ga. back in the day. A unique individual who will be missed and never replaced. R.I.P.
John Stuart Mill had a quote about that,being a unique individual.Sad that so few follow that path today.Mill,s quote is too long to put here,but look it up sometime,I think you,ll enjoy it.You can find it under John Stuart Mill quotes at the goodreads site. On eccentricity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions