Will It Ever Rain?

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought a new Nox 800 and was pumped up to try it out. Grabbed my shovel and walked across the road the the cow pasture. Got a "20" signal and tried to dig. Ugh! The dirt was like concrete. Impossible for my crippled old body to dig. Headed to a bean field that was just cut and it was the same. Rats! I then went to the creek thinking I could dig in the bed. Water is dried up and the rocks at the bottom of the creek are again like concrete. My new detector sure looks nice. Wonder if it works? No real rain here since June. None in the forecast. What's a guy to do? Gary

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your rain situation and hope it improves.
We've been just the opposite with soggy mud for a yard and standing water in the front swale for about two month's now. This is our rainy season, but not usually to this extent.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
***ARC does a rain dance shot of Rum***

There that should do it... get out the rain hat and jacket. :)

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We've had plenty of rain this year. The pull tabs are easy diggin'. Big wet system moving through the NW. Maybe you'll get some soon.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We got slammed yesterday (Tuesday) with a lot of rain.:icon_thumleft: Going dirt fishing in ten minutes, cannot wait! I go everyday, but I have a problem!:tongue3:

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We got slammed yesterday (Tuesday) with a lot of rain.:icon_thumleft: Going dirt fishing in ten minutes, cannot wait! I go everyday, but I have a problem!:tongue3:
I'm telling ya it's not an addiction... we can stop whenever we want...

Last edited:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pay someone to wash the windows on your house, works every time!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's suppose to start raining here on Sunday, and go thru next Tuesday. I'll send some your way !

terrafirma

Sep 9, 2020
new england
Detector(s) used
SE PRO, Safari, Excalibur II, Garrett gold scorpion, Whites PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having farmed for years it's comforting to know that detectorists and farmers like the same amount of rain. Enough to make the soil loose but not so much it makes mud....Oh, and if it could only fall when I am sleeping that would be great too.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“When will it rain, I feel the heat burnin’ through my shoes”.....a little Jackyl till it rains....:headbang:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We get alot of rain in MI usually barreling in from the west and sometimes south, while most of the state has been very wet even rain doesn't seem to like the Detroit area and usually breaks up before it reaches my area.
Perhaps big cities can have an effect on weather like that I don't know, but I do know to the north and south there has been plenty of rain, only sprinkles and an occasional downpour here.

This time of year I try to concentrate on beaches and tot lots, both a bit depleted from the kung flu, haven't been digging in the dirt for a while.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, here in central Minnesota we are buried under snow. Tomorrow I have to break out the large snowblower - the earliest by at least a month I have ever had to use it.

OP
OP
ToddsPoint

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update: It rained yesterday on and off. A few good ones came through. Then last night it poured. I hope this finally unlocked the concrete soil and gave me a small window before the snow comes. Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread