Will stock market crash in 2016? Your Thoughts!!

johnmaple

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion, as the things are changing in US Economy, few things indicating stock market crash in 2016. US elections are there in 2016 and U.S. companies are relying more and more on foreign countries for growth. As the global economy is doing so poorly. The International Monetary Fund has sounded the alarm, warning of a possible new financial crisis. Since March 2009, the NASDAQ has soared more than 250% and the NYSE is up 130%, while the S&P 500 has gained 182% and the 30-company-strong Dow Jones Industrial Average is up more than 145% (and I think this is the bubble which is being created by the big players). On the other hand real unemployment rate is also increasing month over month. All these could lead to a stock market collapse.

What are your thoughts? Let’s have a healthy discussion on this.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I hope you realize corrections in the market are healthy but if you feel you are over-
exposed you can always shift to money markets to give you peace of mind. Investors
usually cannot time the markets. The scare factor can be manufactured due to internet
bears. I finally got tired of the endless scary scenarios knowing the market is cyclical and
always be so.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The market is ridiculously over-valued as a result of sustained free money on the part of the FED.

It will crash. When, is anyone's guess.

Rivmage

Nov 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You also forgot that interest rates haven't risen in years and QE1, 2 and 3.

When a rate increase was being talked about in September, the market started to slide. It was only after the Feds announced no Rate hike did the market start making gains again. That alone points to an unstable market.

I believe we will see a 25% to 30% drop in the markets at some point.

Scott

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
The market goes up, the market goes down. That's what it does. The long-term trend, however is up. I expect that trend to continue for the foreseeable future.

The market has already priced in an expected rate increase, or two. That doesn't mean that the market won't experience a temporary decline when the fed rate is first increased, which I expect to occur in December.

I do not expect to see any major market declines (20% or more) in 2016, it being an election year and all.

My expectation? Status quo for the time being, with the major indexes achieving new highs in 2016, and possibly 10% on top of that.

The term "market crash"? I think 1929 was the last one of those. 1987, 2002 and 2009 were large drops, but the indices recovered fairly quickly each time. Not what I call a crash.

My thoughts on investing. Diversification! Stocks, bonds, cash, PMs, real estate. There's no real way to predict what any market will do in the future. Spread your risk and hedge your bets. Also, I'm no SHTF prepper, but it's not a bad idea to keep a certain level of life-sustaining supplies in reserve.

Over the LONGEST term, all historical line charts in nature follow the same general pattern, increasing at an ever-increasing rate until experiencing a sudden sharp decline to near zero. Statistically speaking, the stock market will some day mimic this pattern, as will the world's human population. Just hopefully not anytime soon.

FWIW,

TCK

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
In my opinion, as the things are changing in US Economy, few things indicating stock market crash in 2016. US elections are there in 2016 and U.S. companies are relying more and more on foreign countries for growth. As the global economy is doing so poorly. The International Monetary Fund has sounded the alarm, warning of a possible new financial crisis. Since March 2009, the NASDAQ has soared more than 250% and the NYSE is up 130%, while the S&P 500 has gained 182% and the 30-company-strong Dow Jones Industrial Average is up more than 145% (and I think this is the bubble which is being created by the big players). On the other hand real unemployment rate is also increasing month over month. All these could lead to a stock market collapse.

What are your thoughts? Let’s have a healthy discussion on this.
Buy MORE GOLD!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You also forgot that interest rates haven't risen in years and QE1, 2 and 3.

When a rate increase was being talked about in September, the market started to slide. It was only after the Feds announced no Rate hike did the market start making gains again. That alone points to an unstable market.

I believe we will see a 25% to 30% drop in the markets at some point.

Scott
BAH HUMBUG!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The market goes up, the market goes down. That's what it does. The long-term trend, however is up. I expect that trend to continue for the foreseeable future.

The market has already priced in an expected rate increase, or two. That doesn't mean that the market won't experience a temporary decline when the fed rate is first increased, which I expect to occur in December.

I do not expect to see any major market declines (20% or more) in 2016, it being an election year and all.

My expectation? Status quo for the time being, with the major indexes achieving new highs in 2016, and possibly 10% on top of that.

The term "market crash"? I think 1929 was the last one of those. 1987, 2002 and 2009 were large drops, but the indices recovered fairly quickly each time. Not what I call a crash.

My thoughts on investing. Diversification! Stocks, bonds, cash, PMs, real estate. There's no real way to predict what any market will do in the future. Spread your risk and hedge your bets. Also, I'm no SHTF prepper, but it's not a bad idea to keep a certain level of life-sustaining supplies in reserve.

Over the LONGEST term, all historical line charts in nature follow the same general pattern, increasing at an ever-increasing rate until experiencing a sudden sharp decline to near zero. Statistically speaking, the stock market will some day mimic this pattern, as will the world's human population. Just hopefully not anytime soon.

FWIW,

TCK
Yes, there IS a 7-year "cycle" from "Biblical Days"; as an Investor, wife & I TRUST our Broker to keep us "informed". We have "Forever Stocks", Mutual Funds, & investments in GOLD, as a "Hedge". If fearful of a "CRASH"... invest in GOLD!

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
of course if you invested in gold a few years back when it was $1700 you might not be happy now.

Define crash!
2009 was only 3 years after the market dropped in half. It has now rebounded to about 1800 points above what it was in 06

johndisrupt

Jan 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at the current china market conditions and seeing back at the 2015 history the market statistics are the same for crash. The us stock market crash 2016 is poised for a return since the china fall and the dow jones is turning back in the new year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Can Anything Prevent a U.S. Stock Market Crash in 2016?
Well i am i die-hard investor in stock market and want to invest in stock market thoroughly and continuously but according to the latest census and latest happenings across the globe i am not in state to invest in stock market. I don't know the reason behind this but according to the latest article regarding the stock market crash that i had encountered recently has left me in a haze and probably that's the reason why these is happening, and looking at the roller coaster ride of Oil, gold and commodities i am in a bit of dilemma whether there is goona a stock market crash for 2016.
Eh...? Just saw Dow over 18,000; DUNNO.

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember when looking at "record profits" you are seeing profits is simply the result of inflation and not any kind of "growth"... the system is still flawed and has always failed throughout history and our market is no special snowflake in that regard. It will happen because our economy is an upside down pyramid... when the poor stop spending money everything else stops, not the rich they don't spend **** that's why they got rich off poor folks with needs. I would pay less attention to the markets and worry more about the velocity of our dollar.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
2017; ONE "FED "CORRECTION", done... TWO more to go; DOW approaching 2000, as of 1/9/17... Will see Broker, next week...

agolddigger

Oct 28, 2016
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Invested pretty heavily in 2016. Started taking some profits the past few weeks - my uninformed opinion is that 2017 is going to be rough.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not a stock market person, but common sense tells me the same. Trump has a TON of fixing to do, and it's not going to be without pain along the way. Not meaning to get political here but there was a lot of "new money" thrown out there (mostly in digital form) that will cause us all lots of problems. I think it is truly fortunate that our CiC now is such a financially-minded person!! :occasion14:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Guess the market didn't crash!

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread