Will there be a new Tesoro for 2015?

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, is the answer to thread question sorry to say.
I will leave the same question for others next year, as we are deep into this season.
Many metal detector manufacturing companies are reaping good returns with recently released detectors.
Not Tesoro?
It's taken sooo long for Tesoro to even mention release of a new machine that the time frame alone has become problematic.
Revamped beep n dig machines ain't gonna work this round.
Might sound crazy, but I want a $2000 Tesoro, that's worth every penny!! Is it possible? I say yes.
We'll see...
Peace ✌

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been testing a new detector made by an American manufacturer. This is a multi-frequency, multi-tone machine featuring touchpad sensitivity and ground balance controls; programable discrimination settings; A full Digital Display that includes VID number and probable metal type/class with depth. The 12” Double D Butterfly coil is impressive. Total weight is 3.9-lbs.

The GPS feature lets you pinpoint a find, or map an área and break it into individual grids on the Display screen. Tones are also programable! You can custom program up to four different tones. There is more, but that is all I can say at the moment – stay tuned.

Terry, I hope this is a reality. This sounds like just the kind of machine to make people take notice of a company that needs a good shot in the arm! Definitely got my attention. Thanks for the info

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my dumb Tesoro. I can tell by the squeaks and pops and snarls it makes whether it's a penny or a dime or a piece of ferrous. I mean, I like my Deus but the Tesoros are so easy to use and when you know how it's talking to you, it'll never let you down.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds just like a lightweight CTX! Or was Terry telling a funny?

Last edited:

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Cortes, Lobo Super Traq, Golden Umax 2.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmm? kind of skeptical that its the new Cazador, will believe it when I see it.

Scanman

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Saltwater submersible?

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, this "new" Tesoro metal detector really needs to surpass conventional detectors.
Waterproof and a fully digital touchpad screen are now almost expected. As are programmable tones. As are multiple frequencies.
As for VID, what else can Tesoro possibly do. Minelab still rules this category with a 4 digit system that works! All else have a 2 digit system where gold and pull-tabs both teeter-todder near the number 50.
The now nearly forgotten "Cazador" has not been heard of recently?
Realizing they need a sustainable new product, was it pulled and redesigned? Who knows?
Hopefully, Mr. Terry (Guru) Soloman is presently testing a soon to be released American made behemoth!
GL Tesoro!
Peace ✌

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sounds like it will be pretty decent. just the GPS thing does not appeal to me. i do not need to record where i found stuff or where i have already been. most of all, nobody able track me i am while using it. other than being on the ocean, i have never needed or used a GPS. good old maps still work fine. printing up directions on google does great also.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Terry just told you !!!! Start saving your money now !!!! VIVA DE CAZADOR !!!

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPS consumes valuable space. I don't see the need for GPS within metal detectors.
Our phones, vehicles, cameras, watches, etc., all have GPS.
I can return to past finds locations within inches, using my brain. And I'm stupid. ;)
Peace ✌

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why are we waiting for it? Cause we like the products. Imagine if Apple announced a new device then just let it all, fade, away...... I've given up on Tesoro. I still can't believe we're hangin' around for something announced going on three full years ago. That's just bad business.

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well, this guy has supposedly been testing it for 2 months now. if it is even this cazador. heck, i can put a bunch of stuff on my profile, get on here and say i am testing one also. when/if it actually does comes out on the market is the only way to know for sure. and how long it has been with no word of it, that is a big if. but, tesoro say's they value their customers inquires. well, like the new machine. if they just keep saying it, it must be true. no need to actually prove it with actions. haha. can't even have someone take 10-15 minutes to update a face book page in almost two years. yeah, they are really in touch with their customers. lol

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have to admit it isn't the Tesero Company I remember from a ways back when I loved my Golden Saber. When you bought Tesero before you felt like they really cared and went out on a limb to make you happy. Now they hide in the Shadows but I can't blame them because if they Post something everyone will Twist their words and seem to want to start crap with them.
I really hope they get back to the way they ran the Company back in the 80's and make a kick butt Surf Machine that you can use on land too. Not just a copy cat of the at pro either or some 3rd world junk that has been popping up lately and all look the same.

well, this guy has supposedly been testing it for 2 months now. if it is even this cazador. heck, i can put a bunch of stuff on my profile, get on here and say i am testing one also. when/if it actually does comes out on the market is the only way to know for sure. and how long it has been with no word of it, that is a big if. but, tesoro say's they value their customers inquires. well, like the new machine. if they just keep saying it, it must be true. no need to actually prove it with actions. haha. can't even have someone take 10-15 minutes to update a face book page in almost two years. yeah, they are really in touch with their customers. lol

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now with the way the Company is running I don't think they could sell a 2K priced model and if they tried would end the Company.
They need to really get a awesome Machine out under 1K and make little profit on it to get the Company back to where it was in the 80's and then go from there.
After my CTX problems I am ready for a new SURF Machine.

No, is the answer to thread question sorry to say.
I will leave the same question for others next year, as we are deep into this season.
Many metal detector manufacturing companies are reaping good returns with recently released detectors.
Not Tesoro?
It's taken sooo long for Tesoro to even mention release of a new machine that the time frame alone has become problematic.
Revamped beep n dig machines ain't gonna work this round.
Might sound crazy, but I want a $2000 Tesoro, that's worth every penny!! Is it possible? I say yes.
We'll see...
Peace ✌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread