Winter made me do it....

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been hanging out here at TN reading posts all Winter and longing to get out to do some detecting, but I live in North Dakota where Winter seems to never end!

Well it snowed a few more inches last night so I decided to do a little CRH to break the boredom. I live in a 3 bank town in the middle of nowhere with the next nearest town being 50 miles away.

I go to the bank where I have an account and ask for all the halves they have. She says they keep 1 roll in stock in the vault. I say I will take it and maybe a box of anything else she might have. She says the best she can do is give me a mix of various rolls adding up to $100, but she does the ordering and is willing to get any quantity of boxes I want given a few days notice. Great! I order 2 boxes of halves and $200 in cents. Now I need an account at one of the other banks to set up my dumps.

I used to CRH in the 70s and 80s to fill my coin albums. Did anyone else do this back in the day?

Upvote 0

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, I need to find me a small town to try and get halves at, these metropolitan areas seem dry! Good luck!

OP
OP
MT_Joe

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing special in that one roll of halves. Most were from the early 70s. Gave me something to do though :icon_thumright:

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never hunted in 70s but found lots of 40% halves in 80s. They were only worth like 60 cents at the time so I eventually rerolled them & cashed them in for face.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions