Wireless headphone options for the Simplex?

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm trying to get clarification on something. I know the higher end Simplex comes, and works with, the wireless phones out of the box. But are the blue/green Makro brand phones the ONLY ones I can pair with it, or can I pair my set of Beats, for example?

I'm also getting conflicting word that the lower model can pair with ANY standard Bluetooth sets, but can NOT pair with the Nokta phones. Is there any truth to this? I know it comes with the adapter for wired headphones, which I'd then be able to hook a BT transmitter to, but I'd rather not have to add even more hardware to the machine.

Kyboy

Dec 27, 2009
Hardin county KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Minelab Explorer II
Garret GTAX 550
I'm trying to get clarification on something. I know the higher end Simplex comes, and works with, the wireless phones out of the box. But are the blue/green Makro brand phones the ONLY ones I can pair with it, or can I pair my set of Beats, for example?

I'm also getting conflicting word that the lower model can pair with ANY standard Bluetooth sets, but can NOT pair with the Nokta phones. Is there any truth to this? I know it comes with the adapter for wired headphones, which I'd then be able to hook a BT transmitter to, but I'd rather not have to add even more hardware to the machine.

Following.....I'm curious as well.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am pretty sure they only work with Nokta Makro Green & Blue.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Simplex+ only works with the green and blue headsets. These headphones are Proprietary 2.4 gig headsets, but they are awesome. Get the green ones if you can, since they will also pair wireless with their new pulse dive pin-pointer. the Simplex also comes standard with an analog headphone adapter as well to connect to regular wired headphones. There is no truth to Bluetooth wireless pairing with the lower model. The only thing lower with the lower model is that it doesn't include the wireless headphones.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
At $339.15 for the Simplex+ WHP (Wireless Headphone Package) I’d probably order the WHP with it.

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At $339.15 for the Simplex+ WHP (Wireless Headphone Package) I’d probably order the WHP with it.
If i had the money at the time i would have, you save money and get a free hat.

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
(Following)

Yeah, of interest to me too.

I'm trying to add a plug-in Bluetooth transmitter to my detector to link to wireless headphones.
Having trouble.
Most transmitters are built to link with a smart phone or computer.
When I get to the step where you "pair" or link the two, the instructions just don't apply.
The smartphone has a screen where you can enter a connection code, but the transmitter / headphones have no such linking capacity.
I'm suing H10 Bluetooth transmitter and a Letscom Bluetooth headphone.
When I turn both of them on, both go into pairing mode but the headphones
continue to flash blue/red, indicating pairing, but never connect.
Any advice.
Anyone know of a transmitter / headphone pair that works without a handshake code?

bingbingbing

Oct 15, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(Following)

Yeah, of interest to me too.

I'm trying to add a plug-in Bluetooth transmitter to my detector to link to wireless headphones.
Having trouble.
Most transmitters are built to link with a smart phone or computer.
When I get to the step where you "pair" or link the two, the instructions just don't apply.
The smartphone has a screen where you can enter a connection code, but the transmitter / headphones have no such linking capacity.
I'm suing H10 Bluetooth transmitter and a Letscom Bluetooth headphone.
When I turn both of them on, both go into pairing mode but the headphones
continue to flash blue/red, indicating pairing, but never connect.
Any advice.
Anyone know of a transmitter / headphone pair that works without a handshake code?

Hi - I had success pairing mpow (Amazon $22) bluetooth headphones with my simplex using a taotronics transmitter (Amazon $20) - this is the way to go imo at least (the detector is well worth the price - the $90 proprietary headphones are not). Happy detecting!

Kel1

Greenie
Mar 16, 2019
NW Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garret ADS III, bought new in the '80's and still own! Fisher F2, Delta 4000, Hunt Mate and Nokta pin pointers, and now added the Nokta Simplex+ with added sp24 coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi - I had success pairing mpow (Amazon $22) bluetooth headphones with my simplex using a taotronics transmitter (Amazon $20) - this is the way to go imo at least (the detector is well worth the price - the $90 proprietary headphones are not). Happy detecting!

Just curious, Do you get any delay in the sounds using the MPOW? I use the same set up as you on a Delta 4000 but my signals are not instant.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, Do you get any delay in the sounds using the MPOW? I use the same set up as you on a Delta 4000 but my signals are not instant.

I use 2 Trond Duo II Trans/Recv units that are low latency APTX units 40ms lag. Works great, no noticeable lag.

Guster

Dec 8, 2015
Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use 2 Trond Duo II Trans/Recv units that are low latency APTX units 40ms lag. Works great, no noticeable lag.
Hey Dan could you provide links to what you are using if they still work well for you?

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah don’t no why I didn’t get whp with my detector from start, my question is do,they sink up , any hesitation when crossing over targets. No delay in the action.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions