wireless headphones

montypyfly

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2010
I use a blue-tooth wireless setup, and it works OK..... main problem is there is a DELAY... maybe 1/2 second, so it is confusing as heck with any sort of swing speed. Make sure you know what the delay is before spending the big $$

Once I get a signal, I can slow it down and then just realize the signal is really on the edge of the coil, not the middle. Then the pin-pointer (detector built in, or hand held) can take over from there.

Love the freedom.... hate the delay, but still use it.

barber

Jun 21, 2005
Yakima,WA
Detector(s) used
XTerra 70 Xterra 705
I have the AIRHEADZ wireless headphones and they work great, I really like them]

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
wildman4910 said:
Radio Shack has both wireless headphones & earbuds for $60 & $80.
Warning - stay far away from anything radio shack. I swear every single item I've ever bought there, for the last 30 years, is complete junk, including the wireless headphones.

texasgold

Jun 5, 2011
Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw 3 coil package and clean sweep
Another vote here for the Auvio wireless phones. Just picked them up this weekend from radio shack on clearance for $49. I added a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter and 2 year replacement plan. So far they are working out excellent, no lag at all. Time will tell if they hold up or not, but the $10 replacement plan is some nice insurance if they crap out.

Kayaker

Dec 27, 2010
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
I like the concept of the Auvio headsets but have a "sweaty ear syndrome" issue with both models. The big, circumaural (around-the-ear) model is just too hot and uncomfortable in the summer. The earbud model is even more of an issue for me. I can't handle earbuds for long because they pop out of my ears when they get sweaty (unless I painfully cram them in); and, with this model, you have the additional weight of the receiver pulling on them. I know they wouldn't work for me. So I decided to cobble together a solution...

Someone here mentioned you can often find "as-is" (broken?) Auvio headsets on eBay. Often the issue is something mechanical, like a broken wire. I scored a pair for 5 bucks! The shipping cost me more than that ($6)! The set I got is like new, and worked fine except that right earbud had a bad connection inside the earbud itself. If you wiggled the cord, it would stop working. The earbud is sealed and can't be easily fixed.

No problem! I cut off both earbuds and wired the receiver to a set of lightweight, over-the-ear headphone I got with my old BH IV. Here is the result. The receiver hangs behind my head, just below collar level on my neck/back. and the receiver weight doesn't tug on my ears. They sound GREAT and work PERFECT for me... way better than some noisy, fm transmitter-based solutions I've seen.

Total cost, $11, not including the old headphones. I may eventually replace the cheapy phones with a higher quality set, I'll still stay with a similar featherweight set.

2135795700091733654S425x425Q85.jpg

2522338000091733654S425x425Q85.jpg

Kayaker

Dec 27, 2010
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Bubba707 said:
I have 2 sets of the Auvio wireless headphones. They work very well.
texasgold said:
Another vote here for the Auvio wireless phones. Just picked them up this weekend from radio shack on clearance for $49. I added a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter and 2 year replacement plan. So far they are working out excellent, no lag at all. Time will tell if they hold up or not, but the $10 replacement plan is some nice insurance if they crap out.

Have either of you used yours with an AT Pro? I'm having a bit of a problem with mine. The AT Pro internal speaker isn't shutting off when I plug in the transmitter. The headphones sound great, but I really can't use them if the speaker is going to stay on at the same. I've got a feeling it's an impedance mismatch and the AT Pro doesn't think I have anything plugged in.

Edit - I got an answer on another forum... works fine now. I bought this Volume Control/Headphone Extension from Radio Shack for $9.99 and put it between the AT Pro Adapter and my headphone plug. Works like a champ!

Radio Shack Volume Control/Headphone Extension Part Number - 42-2559
2931468420091733654S425x425Q85.jpg

Here it is hooked up to my wireless transmitter -
2265490060091733654S425x425Q85.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread